What happened to Kathie Lee Gilford
Bobbie Thomas says “I'll do” at Kathie Lee's home
Bobbie Thomas is usually the "buzz" - the latest in fashion and beauty - but last Friday she was the center of it.
On May 31, TODAYS style editor married Michael Marion, attorney at Kathie Lee Gifford in Connecticut. She was surrounded by family and friends, including TODAY anchors Natalie Morales and Hoda Kotb, as well as Kathie Lee.
It was only eight weeks ago that Bobbie started planning her wedding with the help of TODAY.com readers choosing her dress, shoes, cake, and even her decorations. "[They] are all ways to add a personal touch to this special day," said Bobbie.
With a string quartet and perfect weather, guests watched Bobbie walk down the aisle wearing a Le Spose di Gio gown, Jennifer Behr hair accessories, and Coloriffics crystal and pearl T-strap heels. Bobbie said she loved her dress, which won first place with over 10,000 votes for its "elegant simplicity".
The intimate ceremony overlooking the water was presided over by Judge David Laro, a mentor of the groom.
"Michael, you persevered and succeeded," Laro joked to the crowd.
During the cocktail hour, guests dined with truffle-scented French fries, mini cheeseburgers and tuna tartar tacos. There was a hearty selection for the reception, including heirloom tomatoes with burrata and basil oil, salmon fillets, grilled steak with herb butter and other delicious appetizers. The entrance to the reception was decorated with chic glitter covers, an award-winning DIY idea submitted by Cyd Converse of the Sweetest Occasion for TODAY.com’s DIY Wedding Decor Challenge.
For dessert, the guests got a piece of glitter cake with sugar flowers from Connie Cupcake, also chosen by Today fans.
"I love cake!" said Bobbie. “Wedding cakes are works of art that can be eaten, and unlike clothes, shoes and so on, everyone gets a piece! "
Baker Connie Dos Santos “had Bobbie's heart” from her first email, in which Dos Santos also suggested a candy table of metal-topped cupcakes, glittering donuts, “gold-dusted” strawberries and “bejeweled” brownies.
On the dance floor Natalie, Hoda and Kathie Lee played Michael Jackson and LMFAO with TODAY Executive Producer Don Nash, TV presenter Sara Gore and many others. Even Kathie Lee's dog Bambino made a celebrity appearance at the tent party.
The couple, engaged since May 2012, dated five years after being introduced by mutual friends at a party in New York City. They are already the proud parents of Chica, a long-haired Chihuahua whose name was also chosen by TODAY fans. Lucky for Michael, Bobbie's mother, Fatima Kavvadias - a frequent model in Bobbie's TODAY segments - is pretty much the fan.
“It's a dream,” said Fatima of her daughter's wedding. “He's an angel, she's an angel. We are blessed. "
"The whole day was just as beautiful as Bobbie," Kathie Lee told TODAY.com at the front desk. "Everyone felt incredibly blessed not only to share the beauty of the environment we were in, but also the beauty of a love that Michael and Bobbie have."
Bobbie also had kind words for the TODAY co-host and her sprawling property. "Throwing a wedding in eight weeks wasn't exactly what could be called a piece of cake," wrote Bobbie on her wedding schedule. "And it couldn't have happened without the overwhelming generosity and unwavering support from Kathie Lee."
All in all, Bobbie was having her dream (collaborative) affair.
"Not only am I happy to be surrounded by my closest friends and family while standing next to my best friend today, but I have all the best wishes I can take with me too."
Check out more pictures from Bobbie Thomas' wedding:
Bobbie Thomas ties the knot!
- Which country has the most Trappist breweries
- Wikibuy makes a lot of money
- How can I meet beautiful singles
- Are bluetooth headphones illegal while driving?
- Do you watch movies twice and why
- How does iTunes compare to Spotify
- How do I find Fortnite on PS4
- Who do you love Gandhi or Netaji
- Which planet is the sleeping planet called?
- We tour smaller independent bands
- Reduces amla inflammation
- How are the London Undergrounds powered
- How can I improve this Vietnamese translation
- What gift could make a German happy?
- How is Sony's A7 II camera
- What causes the rise in autism
- How's the career growth at HGS Bangalore
- What is your goal after 50
- Will replace distance learning class teachers
- Why do movies fail on Blu-ray
- How is your life this week
- What do good software developers do differently?
- The BCA student applies for a HAL internship
- Can an actress be an inspiration
- What are data protection coins
- What are the points in spherical coordinates
- Are there RTB blogs worth reading
- How many backlogs are accepted in Australia
- Which cars can drive in every terrain
- How was the Schlieffen Plan a success?
- Why are television cameras so big
- Why do you like biotechnology
- How does AltspaceVR render three Js in unit