What is the best portable heating unit
Which additional heating makes sense
Which additional heating is useful?
If the central heating does not warm up the living space sufficiently or not quickly enough, additional heaters such as convector, radiator or infrared heating can help. The advantage of all of them is certainly the simple assembly, since they can be assembled without great effort and only need a power connection.
However, these electrical heat suppliers should be treated with caution, as they require expensive electricity to operate and thus can drive up energy costs.
When is it worth using additional heating? Which variant is the better alternative - convector, radiator or infrared heating? We answer these questions in the following article.
Additional heating as a short-term measure
If the rooms are not warm enough, the heating should always be checked. Because this should enable a pleasant room climate. You can read about the most common heating defects and their causes here.
Nevertheless, there are situations where additional electrical heating can be useful. The power consumption of the selected heating type is always decisive for this. Because convectors, radiators and infrared heaters use an expensive energy supplier, which also has a poor level of efficiency. This means that the fuel used is not optimally converted into electricity, but loses part of the energy as waste heat. In addition, more carbon dioxide is released.
Convectors provide quick warmth
The room air can be heated quickly with a convector. For short-term use, convectors can be a useful addition to the sluggish heating system.
However, one must note that the room air cools down again very quickly and the effect quickly fizzles out. When buying a convector, you should therefore make sure that it is equipped with a room thermostat. In this way, the device can repeatedly reheat as required without producing too much heat at once.
Depending on the wattage, convectors can also heat larger rooms. However, as the performance of the devices increases, so do the electricity costs they cause. A lot doesn't necessarily help a lot here. In well-insulated rooms, a convector with up to 1500 watts is completely sufficient.
Heating specialist companies:
Compare prices and save
- Qualified providers
- Top prices
Radiators store the heat
With radiators, it is not the room air that is heated directly, but the storage medium in the radiator. The air in the room then brushes past it and warms up. It takes a certain amount of time for the storage medium, and thus the radiator, to warm up.
What is certainly a disadvantage for some situations can be an advantage for longer periods of use. This is because the radiator emits heat continuously over a long period of time after it has been heated up. This makes it easier to achieve a constant room temperature and the radiator can be switched down to a lower level after heating up. This in turn saves electricity costs.
Infrared heaters require less electricity
Infrared heaters do not transfer the heat to the room air, but rather heat bodies and objects that they encounter. This creates a feeling of warmth quickly and continuously. For this, however, the infrared heating needs significantly less electricity than convectors and radiators.
Infrared heaters come in many different sizes and shapes. This results in a wide range of options for integrating the additional heating harmoniously. In addition, the radiant heat is felt to be particularly pleasant. You can find out more about infrared heating here.
Additional heating can be worthwhile in certain situations
If you keep an eye on the electricity costs and look for an additional heater that matches the situation with its properties, then its use can make sense.
Heating specialist companies
Purchase / installation / repair
Tip: Register for the newsletter now
Receive the most important news monthly and free of charge directly in your mailbox
- What are the rules for public procurement
- Irritable bowel syndrome is a real disease
- Is solipsism logically unassailable
- How is everyone a moral game
- God answers every prayer
- What is Karaikal India famous for
- Why do Buddhists shave their heads?
- What are the idioms that surprised you
- How does Greek mythology affect us today?
- What was the first American constitution
- What are self-adhesive stickers
- Which are the famous dams of Chhattisgarh
- Which fluid balances our body?
- What is motor neuron disease ALS
- How do I cook top rib beef
- Why is CSS called cascading
- What is the use of blind titration
- Why do honest people cheat
- Behavioral economics discredits capitalism
- How is the Indian political system unique
- How wide is the Narmada River
- What is the best tactical knife
- Old has caught up with Drew Bree
- Is there an alternative from Alka Seltzer
- How much do broadcast camera switchers earn
- Is it okay to be a coward?
- How much caffeine works for you
- Why are Italian sports cars called Spyder
- How do I choose the right florist
- Believe that people have to evacuate
- How good or bad is your HOA
- How many teenagers are there in Sweden?
- What is the student life like at Harvard?
- Is PMDD hereditary