Comments can be nested in c programming
C ++ programming / introduction to C ++ / comments
In all programming languages there is the possibility to make notes in the source text. For others or for yourself, because after a few weeks you may no longer understand your own source code without further ado. Comments help you and others to understand better and, above all, faster what the source text does. There are two ways to write comments in C ++:
The first type, which applies to the end of the line, is the modern type of comment. As a rule, it is preferable because it has some advantages over the old variant, which originated from C. The second type (sometimes also referred to as C comment) in its multiline form should only be used in places with longer text passages and, if possible, not between code. Such comments are often used at the beginning of the file to briefly summarize the content or to regulate licensing issues.
The main disadvantage of multiline comments is that they cannot be "nested". For example, parts of the source code are often briefly commented out for test purposes. The following example should demonstrate this:
That wouldn't work. If, on the other hand, the other comments are used, there are no such problems:
In the first example, the introduction to is simply ignored. The final part ends the comment that is supposed to comment out the line of code, and the final part leads to a compile error. Admittedly, that is not a problem, because such a mistake is found quickly, but avoiding it from the outset is even more time-saving. Incidentally, one-line comments often have to be written less. The exception is comments that are simply too long to write on one line. Nevertheless, they should also be implemented using comments.
Many text editors contain a keyboard shortcut that can be used to comment text in and out. This is particularly useful for longer code passages.
- When did elephant poaching become illegal?
- How does a home line work
- What has France done to Haiti?
- How to remove versato ransomware
- Why did Digg fail
- Is JIPMER better than other medical colleges
- How can I learn to teach mindfulness
- What is the difference between XMR and Bitcoin
- Do you know someone from Iran
- How do I deal with being extremely busy
- What is middle adulthood
- What Forex Strategies Should A Beginner Use?
- How is it possible to fist someone
- Is Googlebot implemented with Apache Nutch
- Why are some people not afraid
- UX experience in marketing is valued
- What is the best mixer
- Which planet is the sleeping planet called?
- Were there vegetarians in the 19th century
- Why do epithelial cells produce mucus
- Why can't Duterte be charged
- What's on the flag of British Columbia
- Was Richard Carpenter mean to Karen
- How to conduct a seance
- Is the kcet check really strict
- How can I improve my drawing quickly
- How is coding used in game development
- What is the best supplier relationship software
- What is the origin of English literature
- How can I impress a New Yorker
- What would you like as a gift
- What is sintering
- Jobs go away