Is it illegal to feed crows?
Karlsruhe: press portal
Do not feed in public green spaces
Crows in particular can do without additional feeding
In the past year, municipal employees repeatedly found that birds of all kinds were being fed in the public green spaces. That mustn't happen.
The city of Karlsruhe has put up signs to avoid feeding in green spaces (for example in the Fanny-Hensel facility). The basis for this is the Road and Plant Police Ordinance. The background to this is the negative effects associated with feeding at the feeding places. These can be the breeding grounds for pathogens that can also be transmitted to humans. Laying out leftover food and illegal feeding lead to overpopulations that can adversely affect animal health. Getting used to people can also lead to problems such as a lack of escape behavior, a lack of fear of dogs or unfriendly people.
Damage to the domestic bird world
Furthermore, the city administration would like to point out that birds, especially corvids, do not need to be fed by humans. Corvids in particular, including crows, are competitive and can take care of themselves very well. The local nature conservation association (NABU) also points out that feeding corvids is ecologically nonsensical and can, under certain circumstances, lead to damage to the local bird world.
In order to avoid ecological damage and contamination of the green spaces, the city of Karlsruhe asks that you observe the ban on contamination. Anyone who does not adhere to these regulations of the Road and Plant Police Ordinance must expect a fine. In addition, the city administration points out that there is a strict feeding ban for crows and other birds in all nature reserves and extensive natural monuments. Unfortunately, in the past few years, unauthorized, ecologically disadvantageous feedings have been found, for example in the nature reserve of Alter Flugplatz Karlsruhe. The same applies to nature conservation areas that violations can result in substantial fines. The wording of the regulation can be found at https://web1.karlsruhe.de/Stadt/Stadtrecht/s-1-1.php.
The city of Karlsruhe is currently developing a biodiversity concept. As part of the city's public relations work, information will also be provided with regard to questions about ecologically sensible feeding.
- Why do people usually hate physics
- When will iOS 13 be released?
- Who is the most underrated fast bowler
- Can K-pop idols become American idols?
- Why should you avoid synthetic lip balms
- Is there a googolplex of anything
- What are some common misconceptions about algorithms
- Can we combine philosophy with other science?
- Doesn't think or thought has any meaning
- What is the pH of saliva
- Where is the Savitribai Phule Pune University located
- What are the benefits of the press release
- How did you learn Russian fallers
- Do you want to play poker tournaments
- Why is Imagine Dragons hated
- Are all gender specific people trans
- Bernie Sanders was born into money
- How do I buy puts on Robinhood
- Supports Donald Trump Boeing
- What is your favorite sad song
- What are peace studies
- What are fire balloons
- Which fluid balances our body?
- What does the flag of Kuwait mean
- What's wrong with apple management
- Who more just Palestinians or Israelis
- Which news anchor is corrupt
- How much does it cost to print a newspaper
- What is x if x sqrt4 2x
- What is the name of a guitar solo
- What is R34 USA
- Why should I watch The Dark Knight
- Is a BBA a degree
- Hafiz Saeed from Lahore is arrested