Who invented the first robot 1
The first "robots" were already in the 18./19. Century constructed. Famous mechanics of that time invented automatons that (supposedly) mastered such complex human activities as playing chess, dancing or even speaking.
The scientific side of this inventiveness is embodied by Charles Babbage, who invented a mechanical calculating machine, the so-called difference machine. Incidentally, many consider Babbage to be the forefather of the computer. Even if this machine at first glance has nothing to do with an "android", it was nevertheless an attempt to transfer a human ability to a machine.
The French Henri Maillardet and the Swiss Pierre Jaquet-Droz, who both constructed writing dolls in the mid-18th century, are examples of the entertaining, entertainment-oriented aspect. There have also been several attempts to construct artificial harpsichord players.
Another example of trying to mechanically simulate "life" is Jacques de Vaucanson's mechanical duck. As you can see in the picture (just click to enlarge it), Vaucanson paid special attention to the digestive system ...
The construction of the Baron von Kempelen became particularly famous in German-speaking countries. It was an early one"Chess computer" - a life-size figure that sat behind a table in which most of the mechanics were located. The figure has been shown publicly in several European and American cities. Edgar Allen Poe, who was sure that the machine was a fake and was operated by a Lilliputian inside the figure, describes in his essay Maelzel's Chess Player such a demonstration.
The fad of talking and chess-playing machines must also have fascinated E. T. A. Hoffmann. This motif is used in two of his stories.
in the Sandman This motif appears in the figure of Olimpia.
The story The automats deals even more with the phenomenon of artificial humans.
- What is the purpose of fast cars
- How much power is there in words?
- Should serve senators 6 years
- What is busbar protection
- Why do people think social media is important
- Who is Zoe Sugg
- What is 260 K in degrees Celsius?
- Makes adblock plus money
- What is chirality
- Why does cotton candy get hard
- Can I learn e-learning courses online
- Cats can drink cola
- Is it worth learning Japanese in 2020?
- How do you play SBOBET
- When did Florida have its last tornado?
- What are the main trends in English
- How do I create a template preview
- Has anyone ever turned off the internet
- Which zodiac sign would Elaine Benes be?
- Why are dragons so mean
- What is Google VPS
- What is empathy fatigue
- Are there lesbian black Jewish republicans
- Who makes space suits