Application of instrument technology in banking
Master surgical mechanic
Christoph Martin's training as a surgical mechanic was primarily due to the prospect of continuing his parents' business later on. “Regardless of that, I definitely wanted to take up a job where I could do manual work,” adds the 25-year-old.
After graduating, he first worked as a journeyman in his family's company, Gunter Martin GmbH in Hausen, Baden-Württemberg. The company manufactures instruments for ophthalmologists and dentists, among other things. Christoph Martin mainly carried out work in production. In the turning shop, for example, he manufactured threads for medical equipment that are only a fraction of a millimeter in size: “But it quickly became clear to me that I wanted to open up other areas of responsibility.” That is why he decided to continue training to become a master surgical mechanic.
Knowledge of operations and technology
Christoph Martin completed his training part-time at the master school of the Tuttling District Craftsmen’s Association. This enabled him to finance his livelihood and further training costs of around 7,000 euros. For a year, the prospective master traded the workbench for the school desk on two evenings during the week and on several Saturdays.
The master craftsman's course was divided into four large sections: Two sub-courses provided Christoph Martin with the necessary tools to run a business. In addition to the business, commercial and legal basics, it also included job-related pedagogy. "With the associated trainer qualification certificate, I can train myself today - an exciting part of my work."
In the other two parts, Christoph Martin acquired new subject-specific knowledge. The course program included manufacturing and instrument technology, quality management and subject-related mathematics. The course ended with several partial exams and practical work. Christoph Martin's task was to design a stapling device and to implement it from the first hand drawing to the finished instrument.
Between office and production
Since graduating, Christoph Martin has only seldom been at the lathes or milling machines: “My job is rather to plan the entire production process and keep it running.” In many cases, the office is now his workplace for him: he plans on the computer For example, the deployment of his employees, calculates the material requirements and calculates the costs for upcoming projects, places orders or answers questions from his customers on the phone. In the production hall, he monitors production, discusses upcoming work with employees and checks the production quality on the basis of random samples. Instructing the prospective surgical mechanics is also part of his area of responsibility: for example, he explains to his trainees how to use the milling machine safely or instructs them in the operation of the laser marking system.
“The nicest thing about my job is the variety,” says Christoph Martin. "And I would like to keep this in the future." He keeps his knowledge of machines and materials up to date with further training. "I want to open up new opportunities for myself - both personally and for my company."
- Where are you in politics
- How does the blockchain algorithm work
- What should a business plan consist of?
- Could Google Bitcoin Break
- Cures marijuana tumors
- How do I generate network marketing leads
- Is knee arthroscopy successful in osteoarthritis patients?
- Have you ever bought shoes online?
- What kind of atoms can produce light
- Have you ever stolen someone's girlfriend?
- What is word alignment
- Is there a company called ISYX
- What makes a movie boring?
- How is chemistry related to living beings?
- What are fictitious assets 1
- Which is the best telescope for stargazing?
- Why did you feel better?
- Where do you vote in OHIO
- Is there another world outside of the earth
- Is Sausage Party 2016 Movie Misogynistic
- The BCA student applies for a HAL internship
- Is LinkedIn still profitable in 2019
- Is there evidence of neutron stars
- Is money a trip or a destination
- Are kites evolutionary possible?
- What are the cons of PhoneGap
- Why do salmon die after spawning
- How does music help to achieve spirituality?
- What are snippets in SEO
- What are the basic principles of shamanism
- Who sings the song Kiss You
- You run faster with good sneakers
- Why is 80s nostalgia so popular