What is the massage for stroke
Under the direction of Dr. Stephanie S. Y. Au-Yeung gave 136 people who had a stroke at least six months ago a twelve-week exercise. One group of the test subjects did an unspecified training, the second group practiced an adapted form of Tai Chi.
The latter practiced their exercises under supervision for an hour a week and an additional three hours at home during the week. While there was only a minimal improvement in balance in the first group, the Tai Chi group achieved significant success in balance-oriented tests (e.g. shifting weight, balance on a moving platform).
This research is based on evidence that tai chi can improve balance in healthy elderly people. Stroke patients with balance disorders were expected to improve through regular tai chi. The participating scientists saw the advantage of this form of movement in its easy learnability and independent implementation.
Stroke - Adapted training sessions for rapid rehabilitation
Regular exercise and targeted physical training should not only be considered as a form of therapy, but should be a natural part of our everyday life. Healthy lifestyle choices are critical to preventing stroke, recovering from one stroke and preventing another, said Ian Joiner, head of Canada Heart and Stroke Foundation, in a press release.
These studies clearly show how important regular exercise and sporting activity are for the patient after a stroke,
also said Dr. Mark Bayley, Co-Rector of the Canadian Stroke Congress and Medical Director of the Neurological Rehabilitation Program at Toronto Rehab. The need for physical support after a stroke may not be new, but targeted exercises as part of the rehabilitation of stroke patients are often neglected. Dr. Susan Marzolini therefore emphasizes:
Adapted training sessions are absolutely essential for patients who have suffered a stroke because we firmly believe that they offer great health benefits.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- "Exercise improves memory, thinking after stroke, study finds EurekAlert! 2012 (Study: Sport improves memory and thinking after a stroke)
- Canadian Stroke Network
- Au-Yeung SSY et. al., "Short-form Tai Chi Improves Standing Balance of People With Chronic Stroke SAGE journals 2012
- Nagourney E., "Regimes: Tai Chi Shows Promise as a Stroke Therapy The New York Times 2009
- Sherwood C., "Stroke Rehabilitation Therapy" Livestrong 2011 (Stroke: Rehabilitation Therapy)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What are SharePoint templates
- What benefits did we get after the demonstration
- Why do I invest in OneCoin cryptocurrency
- How will Janam Kundli be received
- Which president can't lie?
- What is an outparcel building
- Which is worse hatred or contempt
- What is a Pari Passu Mortgage
- How do you market your first EP
- What are some technological advances in agriculture
- What makes a city a Y-city
- What are the different positions in football
- Is 1 01 unit elastic or elastic
- How wasps hibernate in winter
- What do you know about photography
- How much cola do you drink every day
- What noises will put you to sleep?
- Why do people argue about tiny things
- What is the most frequently misquoted catchphrase for films
- How missiles aim at enemy planes
- Why do most Argentines have Italian names
- Watson is smart
- Who creates extraordinary wealth inequality
- Which werewolf movie is the scariest