Why do expats drink so much
Americans drink the most soft drinks
| Intercultural, lifestyle
Although soft drinks contain a lot of sugar and other substances that are harmful to health if consumed regularly and in large quantities, they are consumed worldwide.
As the infographic based on the Statista Non-Alcoholic Drink Report 2017 shows, in 2016 the Americans were - unsurprisingly - in first place in the country comparison of per capita spending on soft drinks.
Norway with high sugar tax on soft drinks
Although every Norwegian only buys around half as much cola, energy drinks and co. (98 liters) as an American (195 liters) on average, Norway ranks second in terms of sales per year. The reason is the high soft drink prices in Norway. Due to the sugar tax, they are over two euros per liter. Germany is in tenth place. There is no sugar tax in this country - however, the introduction has been publicly discussed for some time.
You can find more infographics at Statista
Background: The market for non-alcoholic beverages is a highly dynamic market and is particularly driven by the soft drinks segment, including energy drinks and sports drinks. In addition, the business with healthy or health-promoting drinks and smoothies has flourished in recent years.
In Asian countries, non-alcoholic beverages are enjoying great popularity and showing strong growth, especially in the area of soft drinks, which are tending to decline in terms of volume in Europe and the USA. This report from the series of segment reports of the Consumer Market Outlook takes a closer look at the soft drinks segment in an international comparison.
About expat news
Expat News is a German-language service and news portal that provides readers with information on all aspects of living and working abroad.
If you have any questions / suggestions or if you are interested in writing articles as a guest author, those interested are welcome to contact editor-in-chief Anne-Katrin Schwanitz.
- How powerful is a belief
- Might defeat Captain America Black Panther
- Where can I find questions about AdWords interviews
- What can volcanoes create?
- How do amphetamines affect impulsivity?
- What is chiral
- Quantum mechanics means that happiness exists
- What are centralizers used for when drilling
- Why do people use Heroku
- What would happen if Uranus disappeared?
- I want to activate my Uber account
- How was glitter invented
- Who is your second favorite Naruto character
- How is winter in Mysore, India
- Why is Black Friday so popular
- What is the most expensive Ar 15
- Have you ever seen someone get shot
- Can avocado seeds be processed into flour?
- What's so great about Scala
- How do scam calls work with tech support
- Can you trust someone you fear
- How is math good
- Which CPU is best for the GTX 1060
- How People Can Use Cryptocurrency Libra
- Where was used Give examples
- Why is nirvana so important
- I have become unable to love
- What is an Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Is the ego the greatest enemy of love
- Why does North Korea still exist
- How do I choose my first flute
- Are narcissistic men more attractive to women
- Why is Android so popular 1