How long do tattoos take to heal?
How long does a tattoo heal?
A fresh tattoo takes a certain amount of time to heal. How long a new tattoo takes to heal depends on various factors. But there are always some basic rules to be observed.
What you need:
- Healing ointment (Bepanthen, Penaten, etc.) without alcohol
- Foil dressing
General maintenance of a new tattoo
- A freshly made tattoo is to be treated in a similar way to a correspondingly large abrasion. The upper layers of the skin have been severely injured and roughened and now need rest and care to recover.
- The foil bandage that you get from the tattoo artist after the sting is used to protect the irritated skin from further irritation from clothing etc. It should not be worn as a permanent bandage, but really only to protect against friction. As soon as you can, you should do without a foil bandage as the tattoo needs air to heal cleanly.
- As soon as a thin crust has formed after the first few days, you can start to cream the wound with healing ointment.
Avoiding mistakes if the tattoo does not heal for a long time
- You should not expose the tattoo to UV light, salt water or excessive sweat during the healing phase, otherwise it will not heal for a long time. So no sauna visits, sunbathing or excessive exercise during the healing phase.
- After a while, the crust will come off naturally. The skin remnants will bear the color of the tattoo. However, this is not the color from the motif, but only the color that was not placed in the correct skin layer. This is completely normal and should not be alarmed. The tattoo heals normally, but should be more creamed.
- Usually a tattoo is completely healed after 4-6 weeks. If the scab is taking a long time to peel off, you may not be getting enough cream on the tattoo. However, you should never loosen or rub the crust by hand.
How helpful do you find this article?
The content of the pages of www.helpster.de was created with the greatest care and to the best of our knowledge and belief. However, no guarantee can be given for the correctness and completeness. For this reason, any liability for any damage in connection with the use of the information offered is excluded. Information and articles must under no circumstances be viewed as a substitute for professional advice and / or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The content of www.helpster.de cannot and must not be used to make independent diagnoses or to start treatments.
- How can I connect the wireless router
- How high are wind turbines
- Is social media a necessary evil
- Does anyone believe in virtual project management?
- PUBG is also banned in Pakistan
- Could Google Bitcoin Break
- How do lizards regrow their tails?
- Kamala Harris has children
- Why is light energy kinetic energy
- Is communism most popular among millennials
- When does an imperfection make something better?
- What is hubris
- How do you decipher the word meti
- What happens to people during an earthquake
- How to use the stochastic indicator
- How does a monkey mate
- What is the most expensive commemorative coin
- Works Uber in Albuquerque
- Own a ranch
- How Infrared Spectroscopy Identifies Compounds
- Corrodes steel
- How's the show Gossip Girl
- Can someone have BPD and C PTSD
- How does the keto complex work