What are some useful business skills
Entrepreneurial skills: do you really have what it takes?
At a glance:
- A boss should know his own strengths and weaknesses.
- Openness to new topics and willingness to learn are required. This also includes dealing with modern media.
- Strategic thinking and acting are necessary.
- A knack for commercial matters and numbers is a must.
- Empathy and knowledge of human nature are also important. In this way you can quickly find a good connection with customers and employees.
Being a good craftsman doesn't mean you are a good entrepreneur too. But which skills and competencies make a successful company boss? Two business coaches and consultants reveal more: Klaus Köpnick, engineer and organizational psychologist from Varel and Mike Warmeling, managing director of the Warmeling Consulting group of companies based in Osnabrück.
Prerequisite No. 1: Recognize your strengths and weaknesses!
If you know what you are good at and in which areas you still have development needs, you will meet an important requirement for the position of boss. Klaus Köpnick: "A realistic self-assessment is extremely important in order to improve yourself in a targeted manner."
The coach recommends using the SWOT analysis tool both on your own company and, separately, on your own person. "This method is about comparing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks." He adds: "Draw a cross on a piece of paper and enter it in the four fields that appear."
Possible activities are then derived from the SWOT analysis in order to compensate for weaknesses and develop strengths. “For example, if a company boss knows that certain activities will take him a long time, he may be able to delegate these tasks to others. In the time gained, he can expand his customer relationships or take advantage of strategic opportunities, ”explains coach and business consultant Köpnick.
Prerequisite # 2: You should be welcome to new challenges
Mike Warmeling mentions another prerequisite for successful entrepreneurship: being open to new things. “Technical development, for example, is progressing rapidly. Today there is no getting around it. ”For example, digitization has long since found its way into the skilled trades. Warmeling admits: "This affects some trades more, others less." His opinion: "If networking brings more momentum to processes, those who do not use it are quickly left behind."
Prerequisite no. 3: The digital image is a matter for the boss!
But the task of dealing with new technology goes even further, according to Warmeling. "The website and social media activities are indispensable for craft businesses." An entrepreneur must therefore be prepared to deal with the basics of his own Internet presence and with social networks, emphasizes Warmeling. Because websites, Facebook, Instagram and other platforms only support customer acquisition and retention if they are used correctly.
Regarding the website in particular, the marketing expert says: "First of all, it serves to highlight the special features of your company and the customer benefits." There are also other options for using the website for acquisition purposes. "He can use appointment tools, useful information and attractive promotions to draw visitors' attention to your company." He recommends: "A Google 360-degree tour through business premises and workshop builds initial trust among potential new customers."
Which social media networks are important to you depends on your trade, the nature of your business and of course your customers. Warmeling: "If you are only active around your chimney, a profile on the international LinkedIn network is complete nonsense. It is better to see if there is a suitable local or regional group on Facebook that you can join. "
Prerequisite # 4: You should know where your company is headed
As the boss, you have to be at the helm of your company. Warmeling puts it this way: “Work actively on the success of your business. Maintain an overview instead of just reacting passively to the order situation. ”It is therefore a matter of developing specific company goals, dividing them into interim goals and monitoring the state of affairs. “If necessary, you then have to readjust strategically. Mistakes are always opportunities to learn something from them, ”says the corporate and career consultant.
He adds: “As the owner, you are also responsible for the commercial matters of your company.” Of course, the bookkeeping can be handed over to the tax advisor, for example. “However, you have to acquire the skills to evaluate the numbers and operating data. This gives you an overview and allows you to take countermeasures if it becomes apparent that the goals will not be achieved. "He warns:" The numbers must be checked regularly. "
Requirement # 5: A feeling for other people
For Köpnick, empathy and knowledge of human nature are important characteristics of an entrepreneurial personality. "When dealing with your employees, you can quickly identify their needs and concerns and adapt to them," explains the executive coach. In his opinion, the leadership style must fundamentally suit one's own person. “Still, a certain amount of flexibility is required. One employee may need clear guidelines, while the other can develop better when he has a free hand. "
A boss should also have interpersonal skills when dealing with customers. “You have to find out quickly where your client's problem is.” If the company boss shows commitment and customer orientation during project management, the way to follow-up orders is paved. Köpnick: "And of course you are also a role model for your employees."
- Is Arch Linux compatible with a Lenovo
- Is Vedanta the future religion
- What are the types of induced emf
- Can I use SIM on the 4G network?
- What are some names of EMR systems
- Can Joe Biden be Trusted in Children
- How can I get used to cuddling
- Which is the best Breaking Benjamin song
- Can experienced people apply for Internshala
- What television programs do teachers watch
- What is a good mistake
- What is injustice in the Bible
- A paper airplane can fly forever
- How was Ireland in the 1720s
- How viable are microjets
- Will i ever marry 2
- How do I start an Extempore
- InShorts has deteriorated its quality
- Why does DuckDuckGo not have a browser
- Why is wearing color contacts unhealthy
- What are the main causes of insomnia
- Why do I feel bad
- What is excitement
- What are some misunderstandings about Nebraska
- What are the best coffee brands
- What are some modern examples of tragedy
- How parks help communities
- What is an impeachment witness
- How much revenue does the NBA make
- How do the Japanese see the term Japanese
- Every asymmetric relationship is transitive
- Why do we blink and involuntarily breathe
- Has the Mumbai monorail project failed?