What is the 1 2 3 rule
Retrospect Sales: +44 (0) 20 3984 7887
Retrospect Backup makes it easy to implement a 3-2-1 backup rule. For any scenario, the best approach is to have a backup script with a local destination and a backup transfer script to the external destination. Using a transfer script to copy backups to a second location allows you to do the operation offline without having to use the original source. If you go beyond the 3-2-1 backup rule, you get additional data insurance. You can use a second cloud storage location (a 3-2-2 strategy) or NAS, tape, and cloud (3-3-2) for further redundancy.
Let's go through a couple of 3-2-1 workflows.
Data carrier and cloud
The combination of local hard drives and cloud storage locations is a common pattern for a small business backup strategy. An available backup on a local hard drive leads to a very fast recovery time, since the local network allows a much higher bandwidth. Remote backup to a cloud location protects your business data from disasters, malware, and other problems as they arise.
NAS and cloud
NAS devices are an inexpensive location for on-site backups. Using a NAS on site ensures a large dedicated storage pool and high bandwidth for your backups. By transferring these backups to the cloud as an offline process, you can avoid touching the original source multiple times.
Hard drive and tape
Hard drives remain the most common storage media, and tape continues to make advances in terms of speed and storage capacity. With a local hard drive, you can quickly back up your environment and make the backups available for quick recovery. Using a tape library for offsite storage allows you to store your backups in a secure location (such as a security locker or third-party storage lock) that you have physical access to, unlike in the cloud.
- What can we learn from transgender people
- Hummingbirds are symbols of good luck
- What is your MAH CET result?
- How is LinkedIn useful in recruiting candidates?
- What is the economy of Ecuador
- Kylie Jenner is engaged to Travis Scott
- What do you think is life 1
- What makes Virat Kohli unstoppable
- How many upper eyelashes does a person have
- How does speech recognition software work 1
- Do Chinese in Harbin speak Russian
- Why do infections leave skin discolored?
- Will barnacles cling to people
- What if a payout is 498a
- What are laboratory supplies
- Can moderate Syrian rebels with ISIS
- How do you monetize home comedy videos
- How many teenagers are there in Sweden?
- Which toothpaste is good for dental health
- What are the best operas
- What ingredients are in yellow rice
- Why not back up people's fear of disapproval
- Will biochar be replaced by industry?
- Why English Rhubarb matters