Delegate in c 1
Delegate - your most important management tool
Delegating is one of the most important, effective and powerful leadership tools that you, as a Executive feature. Correct delegation not only gives you the time you need to process your core management tasks.
But you also come with the delegation for your leadership role Personnel promotion, development and motivation to.
By working independently on a specific task, your Employee the possibility of probation, the proof of their skills and the chance to develop personally and professionally. This demonstrably results in a higher Job satisfaction, an increased self-esteem and the motivation to achieve increases.
In addition, delegation is used to determine potential: As a superior, you will learn about the possibilities and limits of your employees' job-related skills.
Delegating is used far too little
In my corporate coaching I experience time and again that delegation is used too little or not at all, incorrectly or unsystematically. Blocked delegations, fear that delegation will do even more work or uncertainty about “How do I delegate correctly?” Often lead managers into the non-delegation trap. As a result, they are constantly overloaded, valuable team skills are lying idle and employees are demotivated.
Correct delegation - effective leadership
What can you delegate at all?
In principle, you can and should delegate all tasks that are not part of your core management tasks. You can delegate small, large, simple, difficult, or complex tasks. That depends on the qualification of the employee and his willingness to get involved in the task.
What tasks should you delegate?
You should delegate all tasks for which you as a manager are overqualified or under-challenged. The delegation is also recommended for regular routine tasks, all tasks that others perform better and cheaper, sub-areas of so-called B tasks and subordinate tasks, so-called C tasks. Use the priority matrix for this, which you have already got to know here in the blog.
As part of the targeted employee development you should delegate such tasks, the development of which will help the employee to achieve his personal development goal.
What are you not allowed to delegate?
Tasks that According to functional description one of your very own tasks as a manager. Such Core tasks are, for example, strategic planning, management, the hiring and assessment of direct employees as well as tasks that you have to do yourself due to existing legal or company-related regulations.
Who can you delegate to?
So who is best placed to carry out the delegated activities? Requirements for delegation are:
- The employee has the appropriate know-how to take on the task.
- He has all the necessary resources (tools, equipment, documents).
- He understood the goals and the motivation.
- There are clearly communicated rules for reporting back to the line manager.
- He agrees to take over the task.
Delegate properly with one hand
To ensure successful delegation, proceed according to the 5w delegation, which you can do with "one" hand. Depending on the task and employee competence, a sixth question can be added, which then results in a 6W delegation.
- What should be done (Content)
- Which subtasks have to be done?
- What is the goal?
- Which deviations can be tolerated?
- What difficulties are to be expected?
2. WHO should do it? (Person)
- What are the requirements for this task?
- Who is suitable for this task?
- Who could be of help?
3. WHEN should it be done? (Start, interim, end date)
- When does the work / order have to be started at the latest?
- Should intermediate appointments be made?
- When do you want to be informed by the employee about the progress?
4. HOW should it be done? (Scope, details)
- How do you proceed with the execution?
- Are there any regulations that have to be observed?
- Do certain procedures have to be used?
- Do other bodies have to be involved?
- What about the costs?
4.a.WHAT should it be done with? (Aids, equipment, documents)
- What tools are available?
- Which resources still have to be procured?
- Which documents are required? Do they still need to be created?
5. WHY should he do it? (Goal, motivation)
- What are the connections? (Interface regulation)
- What must be known about the background of the task?
- What significance does the task have for others (department, company, supervisor, employee)?
Do not lose sight of your delegation assignments
Keep that overview about all delegated tasks: work with one Delegation list, in which you list what you have delegated to whom and when and when the interim or final dates are. There is hardly anything that demotivates employees more than when their supervisor forgets what he has delegated to whom or when he loses sight of the goals and schedules he has set.
Support your employees
During the implementation of the delegated tasks, you, as a manager, should clarify if there is a need for clarification stand by. What Not means you "Rifle at foot" stand and just wait for the employee in question to come to you with a question. However, the employee should get the feeling that he can always turn to his boss in the event of difficulties.
You can also Short feedback appointments agree, in which the employee tells you how he is progressing. This gives you the opportunity to get an idea of how things are.
Your primary goal should be to help your employees with the tasks that have been delegated to them permanent easy to deal with, so that you can concentrate on the other important parts of your area of responsibility in the long term.
Carry out process and success control
Since you are ultimately responsible for the overall results of the delegated tasks, you should consider what type of control system you want to use in order to be able to stay up to date on the processing of the delegated tasks. This system depends, among other things, on the task itself and the level of experience of the employee concerned.
Basically:No delegation without control! Control prevents undesirable developments, deadline bottlenecks and - correctly listed and communicated - can encourage your employees to take on more demanding tasks in the future.
Fend off attempts to delegate back and forth
Make sure that no attempt is made to delegate the assigned tasks back to you. This can be done quickly, e.g. in the context of special questions that the employee has a problem with solving. Don't fall into the trap: “Oh, I'll do it quickly for you.” Discuss possible solutions with the employee. Participate in finding a solution, but make sure that the employee ultimately works out the result.
Delegating does not mean
to hand over entrepreneurial leadership, but to pass it on by means of clearly defined tasks, powers and responsibilities for the independent implementation of this task. Not more but also not less.
And how about your leadership competence in delegating? Are you adequately fulfilling your managerial task of promoting and developing employees? It should work fine with these tips.
If not, let's talk about it as soon as possible. Send me an email here »right away. Together we can quickly resolve your delegation obstacles. Promised!
Would you like more leadership impulses and suggestions?
So that you can easily and successfully master your day-to-day management and EVERY management situation?
Then register here and you will receive free guided tour tips straight to your mailbox.
Yes, I would like the guided tour tips in my mailbox free of charge
You have successfully logged in!
These articles might also interest you:
- Why is NIT Trichy so overrated
- There are several types of service animals
- Doris Day had children
- Can you make slime without borax
- What are the uses of PTFE
- How big is the octopus
- How do I make the world real
- What paramilitary force is guarding the border between India and Afghanistan
- Are Chromebooks faster than laptops
- Old has caught up with Drew Bree
- Do Android battery saving apps work
- Passports can get wet
- Can play Amazon Echo radio stations
- What's the best brewery in Irving
- What are funding agreements
- People delete their Snapchat accounts
- Why do we learn a programming language
- When does IPL 2019 start
- Why were you sued?
- Did Family Guy deserve an Emmy
- Exercise makes arthritis worse
- Where can I get Rohypnol
- What makes you a person
- Can God make your dream come true
- How common are heartworms in dogs
- What counts as a view on YouTube
- Where can I export pine nuts
- What did talking to strangers teach you?
- Teach community colleges courses in spirituality
- Could a liquid planet exist?
- Is tramadol an opioid making it addicting
- What is Khaliaa doing mine in Odia
- What were the conflicts of World War II