The keto diet stinks in your crotch
Losing weight: This is why the keto diet causes intimate odor
The keto diet is one of the most popular diets of all. For many, renouncing carbohydrates is easy to keep up and success should be seen quickly, especially with stubborn belly fat.
In addition to reducing the percentage of body fat, the keto diet can have other effects. However, these are less pleasing.
The feared side effects include bad breath, diarrhea and the keto flu.
Unpleasant intimate odor
Now, however, there is another problem that more and more women who follow a ketogenic diet are reporting: An unpleasantly strong smell in the genital area.
So far there are no scientific studies that confirm that the so-called "keto crotch" (translated: keto step) actually results from the diet, but the experience reports agree.
The phenomenon is very reminiscent of the bad keto breath that many followers of the diet suffer from.
Because while you are in ketosis, your body does not use carbohydrates for energy, but breaks down fat. So-called ketones are produced in the process.
Ketones produced in abundance
These are chemicals like acetoacetate, beta-hydroxybutyrate, and acetone. The latter is also better known as the smelly ingredient in nail polish remover, yuck!
While all of these chemicals are naturally produced by your body, they become overflowing quickly on the keto diet.
The result: both the breath and the excretions can take on an unpleasant odor.
Changed pH value creates odor
In the case of the strongly smelling genital area, however, the ketones are probably not the reason. As with any other diet, the vaginal pH value can change with a carb-free diet.
If this upsets the balance of bacteria in the genital area, the risk of bacterial vaginosis increases.
This causes too many bacteria to form in the genital area, which can affect the vaginal odor.
Certain foods can help
In order not to burden your pH value unnecessarily, some foods can be helpful to you - of course without carbs.
Probiotic foods not only help you fight infections, they also stabilize the pH of your intimate areas. So put more emphasis on:
Even if you are on a fat- and protein-based diet - too much meat and dairy products can have a negative effect on your body and cause infections due to the hormones they contain.
Therefore, it is better to buy fresh from organic farmers or rely on vegetable fats such as:
Stay away from soap and co.
If you are on the carbohydrate-free diet, are on ketosis for the first time, and smell an unusual smell, observe it for a few days.
Important: Do not try to get rid of the smell with soap and the like. That would disturb your sensitive intimate flora and only cause other problems.
If the odor persists for several days or weeks and you experience other symptoms such as burning, itching, or unusual discharge, it is high time to see a doctor.
It is quite possible that you were very unlucky and that you caught an infection or something similar at the same time you started your diet.
In the event of a rash: Better to see a doctor
Some sufferers report, in addition to the unpleasant smell, of a rash in the genital area. However, this does not have to have anything to do with the diet.
So far, no aspect has been found within the keto diet that could explain such a rash in the crotch.
So diet is probably not to blame and treatment is urgently needed.
- How do I market wheat flour business
- What are the best Korean thriller films
- How does pure hydrogen peroxide taste
- Instagram hashtags are going out of trend
- What is the reaction of the centripetal force
- What popular ideas are wrong or oversimplified
- Why is benzene added to gasoline?
- Who sings the song The Pusher
- How do I get free episode passes
- What is preferred equity
- Scott Joplin is a classical composer
- What's in Alfredo Sauce
- What animals sneeze
- Can armadillos carry rabies?
- How can we make anthracene from naphthalene
- How many castes are there in Nepal
- What is modulator in absorption spectroscopy
- Is schema important for SEO in 2019
- What other options than engineering are there?
- Is love subjective or objective
- How could I purchase an EEG device
- What is spatial association
- When does Amy Schumer's career end?
- What happened to GoPago
- What is the DHCP Client ID
- Will be one plus 3 worth buying
- Could steam wave be the future of music?
- What's your cheat story
- How are almonds taken out
- How do I implement a proxy server
- What methods have historically been used for abortions?
- Uses Ansible SSH
- How do plants release oxygen