Why are television cameras so big
Why are cinema cameras so big? [closed]
There are a couple of factors that contribute to this, but I'll break it down for television cameras as that seems to be the question.
( Source )
The lens: in many cases the camera is not as big as only a huge lens can be. The next time you're at a sporting event, check out how far the cameras are from the actual field but still can get a great shot.
Viewfinder: Studio cameras usually also have large viewfinders (which are actually more like small televisions), as is the case with small eyepiece viewfinders or 3-inch screens on your DSLR. Note the large unit on the top back of the camera in the picture.
Additional Features: In a live TV studio that implements a multi-camera setup that is broadcast through a mixer, some additional features are required to watch a broadcast. When editing videos, you have the luxury of correcting things like color in post-production. You don't have that luxury in a live setup. To avoid dropping images when switching, and to make sure the colors are constant across multiple cameras, the cameras have things like Genock and Remote Color Correction etc.
Teleprompters: Some large units also have built-in teleprompters and queue lights that make them appear large, but in reality what you see is different.
Old Gear: In some cases, studios invest in high quality equipment and expect it to be for many years. Some pieces of equipment are simply large and bulky, as they come from a time when it was the smallest material available.
- Why does education prepare us for failure?
- What does it mean to rise above yourself
- What programming technologies does AWS use
- What makes a good dissertation
- Is social media healthy for younger children
- Spanish classes in Gurgaon
- Who are the greatest people from Goa
- Can you drink Asahi beer with lemon
- Has Yara Greyjoy died in today's episode
- Is there an alternative from Alka Seltzer
- What does the name Rasputin mean
- Are foxes cute
- How do butterflies multiply
- Why doesn't everyone buy good wine?
- What songs were inspired by strange events
- Why do people get pensions
- Can I speak to a NASA cosmologist?
- What is the heaviest bird
- What makes a person a millionaire
- Have bumblebees spines
- What would a great Viking spin-off be
- What are the ingredients in antidepressants
- What laws did James Madison pass
- Where is Western Samoa Island
- Is social fear a sign of intelligence?
- What really happened to the JFK Juniors plane
- What is brown rice syrup
- Why do crypto currency markets thrive
- The HSwMS Gotland has batteries
- Helps glutamine build muscle
- What food is popular in Ottawa
- How SAT is rated
- Are immigrants eligible for Medicaid
- How do we work for teaching strategies