Why are Shakespeare's plays still relevant
Not all of them enjoy watching his plays as much as I do, and the question of the topicality of plays that are around 400 years old is certainly justified. Unfortunately, not every performance of the famous works gives an answer, and after the many repetitions it is perhaps not surprising that one or the other (new) staging was not absolutely necessary. But beforehand I never know whether a pearl from the bard will not shine on stage again this time.
A few days ago, at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Frankfurt, the time had come again: the students in the third semester of drama had also chosen the English master for their intermediate diploma ... and it was a party! First an Othello, shortened to 4 people and 75 minutes, in which Desdemona has something to say at the end, then a promising beginning of the Midsummer Night's Dream (it should, what a joy, find its continuation in the next semester), which is in scenes from Romeo & Juliet and Skip what you want. Love has been found and lost, confused and denied, yes, as it has been a hundred times before. But on the small stage it was real, moving, new and familiar. Those old, dusty stories gave goose bumps!
Of course, the world today has completely different, more pressing problems. But not a few people in this world still have exactly the same worries at this moment as in the old pieces: Do I love? Am i loved Harold Bloom called Shakespeare's The Invention Of The Human, and in some ways people haven't changed much in the past 400 years. That doesn't prove that these pieces still need to be played. This is proven by the fact that they are played in such a way that they still touch us today. A few days ago we succeeded again.
Back to the storm
- Project management course
- Chicken Tikka is Britain's favorite dish
- What is a heterogeneous substance
- Why is coal storage necessary
- How do I find offline writing jobs
- Is Neil DeGrasse Tyson famous
- At what level is multitasking bad
- What makes you happy in your mistakes?
- Why are there business brokers
- What are some screenshots that scare you
- What do we ever really own
- How can we prevent uneducated people
- What is brown rice syrup
- How do we perceive the world
- Walking reduces the height of the body
- What is the best CD duplicating service
- What purpose do university sports serve
- What are some interesting sand art
- Why is Britney Spears so popular
- London plays football in London
- Which city in America is best educated
- How can blue jelly be made
- Why are children always so excited
- What is an incremental search algorithm