What does NUT
What are nuts
A nut is a nut is a nut. For consumers, it's pretty straightforward. But botanists naturally take it a little more precisely.
So: not everything that we call, buy and consume as nuts is actually nuts. Hazelnuts, walnuts or macadamia nuts are rightly called what they are called. From a botanical point of view, they are nut fruits in which the seed is encased in a wood-like shell. Nuts fall from the tree in their shells, which is why nuts are also counted among the closing fruits. In addition to hazelnuts, macadamia nuts and walnuts, the sweet chestnut is one of these "real" nuts. What we eat in the process is the seed of the fruit.
Legumes and drupes
The peanut, on the other hand, is a legume and is therefore related to peas and beans. Pistachios and pecans are stone fruits and therefore in a group with peaches, plums or olives. It is characterized by the fact that only the inner pericarp is lignified. So here we are not eating the seed, but the kernel.
The Brazil nut, which used to be found on every Christmas plate, is neither a nut nor a stone fruit, but is a capsule fruit. Here, too, the pulp is lignified; this is where the seeds we eat are located. The "nuts" grow in large fruit capsules on the tree.
Because they crack so nicely under the teeth and are always with the nuts in the supermarket, pine nuts are often counted among the nuts. Pine nuts grow in the cones of the pine tree, which is widespread in the Mediterranean, where we eat the soft core after the hard shell has been removed.
- Do singing bowls affect my mind
- Which is the cheapest home automation system
- What is your favorite movie and why
- What is an architectural drawing test
- How to simplify 2v3 2 v6
- Can a WiFi password be hacked
- What is production technology about?
- Which king of England was called Rufus?
- Why does Andy Warwick hate Manchester United
- How stable is the Russian Federation
- How is the GST calculated
- How do share buybacks work
- How is Robert Lewandowski personally
- Wikibuy makes a lot of money
- How do I stop being so stingy
- Are Santander bikes tracked
- Christians stole Jesus Christ from Isa
- Who accepts Visa gift cards
- Who do Navy SEALs look up to?
- What do you think of Haverford College
- Some languages are more ambiguous than others
- Should Quora ban anyone under 21
- Suga is also a producer
- Is spirituality the same as religion