Can CSK be blocked again
The laptop touchpad does not work - These are the possible solutions
Is your laptop touchpad not working? This can have different causes. Often a key combination is enough and the touchpad can be used again, but sometimes only a repair can help. In this guide we will show you how you can solve the problem.
Unlock the touchpad using a key combination
Each touchpad on a laptop can be locked using a specific key combination. This can be an important function, especially when traveling or during transport. But sometimes you press this key combination by accident and don't even notice that the touchpad has been locked. Therefore, if the touchpad is not working, the first thing to try is to see if it has been accidentally disabled. To do this, proceed as follows:
- On your laptop keyboard, look for an icon representing your touchpad. Under certain circumstances this symbol can also be crossed out. Most of the time you will find the touchpad symbol on the "F5" or "F6" keys in the top row of your keyboard.
- Then hold this key down together with the "Fn" key. This reactivates the touchpad and can be used normally. The "Fn" key can be found in the lower area on the left side of your keyboard.
Activate the touchpad in the properties
The touchpad does not work even though you tried to activate it with the key combination just presented? Then you should activate the touchpad in the properties of the control panel. You will need an external mouse to open the Control Panel as your touchpad will not work. Then proceed as follows:
- Open the "Hardware and Sound" category in the Control Panel.
- In the "Devices and Printers" sub-category, please select "Mouse".
- Select the "Device Settings" tab.
- Find your touchpad in the Devices table.
- Select your touchpad with one click and activate it using the "Activate" button.
- Click on the "Ok" button to save your selection and the touchpad should work again.
This approach can of course differ slightly depending on the operating system, but it is similar for all Windows operating systems. The touchpad still does not work even though you enabled it in the settings? Then this may be due to the missing or not working driver.
Install touchpad driver
The following steps are necessary to install the driver for the touchpad:
- Simultaneously hold down the Windows key and the letter "R" on your keyboard.
- The "Run" prompt then opens.
- Enter the command "devmgmt.msc" in the command prompt and confirm this with the "OK" button.
- The device manager opens.
- There you open the category "Mice and other pointing devices".
- Find your touchpad in the table and select it with the right mouse button.
- In the menu that appears, select the option "Update driver software".
- This will update the installed driver and the touchpad should work again afterwards.
- How do I forget old memories
- What are certificates of residence with examples
- What happened to the Kaiser during World War II
- What are the different uses for rapportives
- Are shingles in contact or in the air
- Is it worth it to learn Unity 3D
- Can a student build a drone camera?
- Have you ever been depressed 1
- Do the Europeans see Brexit as a mistake
- Why is karma in my DNA
- Indoor cats suffer from depression
- Who financed the sixty-one
- What is a tree nymph
- Who was the first martyr of Islam
- How does sidereel com make money
- How do real estate investors benefit
- Watson is smart
- How well does AMD Crossfire work
- What does a procurement person do
- How do firefighters revive unconscious people?
- Can I withdraw RRSP at any time
- Do you enjoy the rest
- How does a propeller generate thrust
- VW is a Fortune 500 company