What is the dimension of kinetic energy
Mechanical work in one dimension
You move an object along the route with the constant force that's the way to do the job
done. If the force is not constant, the distance is divided into infinitesimally small sections and receives the work for each section
The individual parts of the work are additive, so you get the definition of the work
| The mechanical work is |
Acceleration work or kinetic energy
We now ask ourselves: what is the effort to get a constant mass from the impulse on the impulse bring to? The effort, the acceleration work, depends on two variables
- . With the change in momentum, we also change the speed or the mass or both.
- The effort must depend on the route.
We call the effort the kinetic energy. Using the definition of the work equation (3.34) we write:
From the experiment and the definition of the momentum we know that or is. But now is also
At the same time, the integration limits change from , to ,. So we have
that is, the work to get a constant mass from 0 to the momentum is to bring . This work must be viewed as kinetic energy. It is in the movement of the masses. If the mass is variable, the mass can always be viewed temporarily as constant and the kinetic energy can be calculated using the above procedure.
The unit of kinetic energy is:
By potential energy we understand the possibility of doing work, excluding the energy that is in motion. Is work in the physical sense
So we are only looking at the component of forcerunning along the path element lies.
Now the force that the system brings up is the force that we have to work against . The energy stored in the system is therefore
Thus the potential energy is defined by
The unit of potential energy is:
Energy conservation of mechanical systems in one dimension
We consider a system whose energy is constant.
It is the as yet unspecified internal energy of a particle. For mass points is .
The constancy of all energy means that their time derivative must be zero
This equation is an expression of Hamilton's principle that the total energy is constant. In detail you have
Let us now assume that the internal energy is constant (e.g. mass points). Then
One-dimensional special case: linear in
We consider a one-dimensional problem and assume that
or with )
This equation of motion is also known as Newton's 2nd axiom or Newton's 2nd law of force. The derivation shows, however, that this law, useful as it may sometimes be, is not a fundamental law, but a law derived from the symmetry relationships of space Emmy Noether, [Noe18].
Work and performance
The great way Force, that is, work, is retained with the lever.
It is the way along the railway!
The unity of work is
|In the general three-dimensional case, the work depends from the running track from.|
When the acceleration is constant, applies
In terms of sliding friction, we have
This means that, as expected, the work is proportional to the distance covered.
When calculating the work, time does not matter. If we want to take into account the time in which a job is done, we speak of performance.
| Definition of performance |
Equation (3.50) can be rewritten with the definition of work:
We used for the transformation that the derivative according to the upper limit (the lower is constant here) of an integral is the integrand itself. We get rewritten
The unit of performance is
Potential energy and forces
From the definition of potential energy we see that
The proof is:
Balance and stability
In order to investigate the stability of an equilibrium position, we consider the three possible courses of the potential energy with a spatial coordinate
Equilibrium and potential energy
- In the event of a deflection, there is a restoring force: we have a stable equilibrium
Condition is: , or
- With a deflection there is an increasing force towards the outside: we have an unstable equilibrium
Condition is: , or
- In the event of a deflection, the mass is still in equilibrium: we have an indifferent equilibrium
Condition is: , or
In 3 dimensions a mass point is in equilibrium if is.Othmar Marti
- Why do we have to explore Manaslu
- There are more dimensions
- How do you become an A player
- Is cannabidiol a drug
- Paramedics drive ambulances themselves
- You can have a professional logo designed
- Why do expats drink so much
- Why is humanity blind
- Why is attention-grabbing behavior angry
- Apple technology falls back
- What is Tamahagane steel
- What is a bad movie
- How is the hostel of AIIMS Delhi
- How do you start a sympathy note?
- Which metal makes the alloy harder?
- What is Brownian motion
- How can we give off good energy
- Where can I buy a Snapchat filter
- Which industry needs more printing services?
- Who are your favorite CMU professors
- Why is St. Francis a saint?
- Which handbag is the gaudiest
- Where I can learn German in India
- Supports the Vivo Y11 PUBG