Can play Amazon Echo radio stations
Listening to the radio with Alexa - this is how it works
Do you prefer to listen to radio presenters and playlists mixed by the broadcaster instead of turning on Spotify, Deezer and Co.? We'll tell you how to listen to the radio with Alexa and which voice commands are useful for it.
There are two different ways to listen to the Amazon Echo or Alexa radio: on the one hand the integrated radio player, on the other hand skills for your favorite station. We explain all the possibilities to follow your favorite radio show.
You don't have an Amazon Echo but a HomePod? Then take a look at our article Listening to the Radio with the Apple HomePod - How It Works!
Listen to the radio with Alexa via the integrated radio player
Amazon works with the radio streaming service TuneIn. The platform provides the preinstalled player of the smart speaker, so that you do not have to set up a separate skill. To start a station via TuneIn, you need the following voice commands:
- "Alexa, play the station [radio station]"
- "Alexa, play [radio station] on TuneIn."
- "Alexa, play [radio station]"
- "Alexa, play TuneIn" - This command starts the last station you listened to.
Note: Some channels exist multiple times. An addition such as the state or region may be necessary.
Listen to the radio with Alexa using a skill
If you can't find your favorite station on TuneIn, or if you'd prefer to listen to Alexa radio in another way, you can install a skill. To do this, you use the following voice command:
- "Alexa, activate [skill name]." Or: "Alexa, activate [skill name]."
You can find more information about Alexa apps and their activation in our article Install Alexa Skills - How it works.
Two particularly popular alternatives to TuneIn are Radio.de and Radio player. Both apps offer a variety of different stations so that you always hear what you feel like.
Useful voice commands:
- "Alexa, start [Radio Skill] and search for [radio station]."
- "Alexa, start [Radio Skill] and play [radio station]."
- "Alexa, start [Radio Skill] and play [Genre] stations."
- "Alexa, start [Radio Skill] and search for a station from [city / region / state]."
A helpful voice command for Radioplayer users:
- "Alexa, start radio player and recommend a station to me."
- “Alexa, continue.” - plays the last station you listened to.
Alternatively, you can activate the skill of your favorite station directly. Simply say "Alexa, activate [radio station / skill name]".
Helpful voice commands when listening to the radio
Finally, we have collected some useful commands for you with which you can maneuver through the radio program of your choice:
- "Alexa, turn up the music."
- "Alexa, turn the music down."
- "Alexa, turn off the sound."
- "Alexa, turn on the sound."
- "Alexa, set the volume to [number between 0 and 10]."
- "Alexa, stop the music."
- "Alexa, pause."
- "Alexa, pause the music."
- "Alexa, continue the music."
You don't want to listen to classic radio, but prefer a music mix from Spotify? Then take a look at our article Connecting Alexa to Spotify - How It Works.
- Why do we need semiclassical quantum physics
- How is e-commerce in India
- Everything has a natural frequency
- What is not duality in a nutshell
- What is the best treatment for neurocysticercosis
- Can money save someone's life
- What is JD
- Is the strong imagination side by side
- Can you survive your biggest mistake?
- What are some markets for new entrepreneurs
- How can solar energy help the economy
- What is a consanguineous brother
- How is e-commerce in India
- How is sin 720 0
- Are zoos amoral
- What should school counselors not do
- Which one has more government jobs
- Private Instagram accounts can be verified
- Could Google Bitcoin Break
- Pursuit of major subjects in computer science
- What is the market size for silicone films
- What's wrong with your phone
- Who invented the first sentence of integration
- What kind of friends will you prefer