What happened to the cast of friends
"Always there for you" -End explains: That's why Tully and Kate are no longer friends
The new Netflix series "Always There for You" is about the friendship between Tully Hart (Katherine Heigl from "Grey's Anatomy") and Kate Mularkey (Sarah Chalke from "Scrubs"), which has existed since her teenage years Has experienced ups and downs. But at the end of the first season it all seems to be over: Something happened between the two during a time jump and Kate crashes into the horrified Tully that she never wants to see her again.
With this cliffhanger, the series releases its fans into the unknown: What happened? What did Tully do that Kate doesn't want her (formerly) best friend by her side even at her father's funeral?
The answer can be found in the book “The girls from Firefly Lane: Always there for you” by Kristin Hannah.
›› "Always there for you" at Amazon *
In the novel, the falling out between the friends is caused by a very unfortunate appearance by Kate on Tully's talk show. In both the book and the adaptation of the series, Kate has a strained relationship with her teenage daughter Marah (Yael Yurman). She asks Tully for help, who suggests that the mother and daughter discuss their problems on their talk show.
But that goes really wrong and the consequences of the live appearance on the show are so bad for Kate that she strongly reproaches Tully and the two no longer speak to each other for many years.
Will Kate and Tully make up again?
Watch out here spoil we the end of the book!
There is a very long radio silence between Tully and Kate in the novel. It wasn't until Kate developed breast cancer that the two found each other again. They reconcile and even become best friends again in the last few months of her life.
Kristin Hannah has already published a sequel to “Always there for you”: “Like a Star in the Night” (original title: “Fly Away”) is about Tully's life after the death of her friend. Tully fulfills Kate's last wish and takes care of her daughter Marah - but then fate strikes again and an accident throws Tully off track.
›› "Like a star in the night" on Amazon *
Season 2 of "Always There for You"
It is not yet known whether Netflix will continue the series - but leading actress Sarah Chalke very much hopes it will. In an interview with TheWrap But she also stated that she did not know whether the second season of "Always there for you" would stick to the story from the book.
Already in the first season the showrunners allowed themselves freedom and told some things a little differently than in the book. So it is not yet entirely clear whether the angry argument between Tully and Kate will also be triggered in the series by the unsuccessful talk show appearance. In any case, Chalke was excited to see whether showrunner Maggie Friedman would opt for this one other explanation.
You can stream all ten episodes of the first "Always There for You" season on Netflix since February 3, 2021.
Sci-Fi spectacle "Space Sweepers" on Netflix: What's going on with the German Synchro?
* The link to the Amazon offer is a so-called affiliate link. If you buy via this link, we receive a commission.
- How can you not wear anything
- Did the Picten have a written language
- What is the best desktop recording software
- Physical strength is important in today's society
- Is psychology incompatible with NLP
- What's your rating of Paint
- Which is the best Mercedes to buy
- Is it worth buying a soundbar
- What are the uses of empirical research
- Are Puerto Rican immigrants
- What holds the liquid
- Video analyzer How to start
- Is Python slower than Typescript
- How to Get a Healthy Sleep Quickly
- Why is D Day so notorious
- What is malleability
- How does Disney make so much money
- How useful is a tablet
- How do I make a marketing calendar
- Are online games hacks or not
- How can an Indian participate in MIT
- Are Mentos and Coca Cola a mixture
- Cucumbers really don't have any calories
- How can I log into the deep web