Why do people say I am aggressive
Passive-aggressive personality disorder
The characteristic attitude of those affected to be critical or negative towards new demands and to resist tasks is also a problem for work in psychotherapy. The therapist can quickly get into a dilemma here: If he works towards changes and sets clear tasks, this often arouses resistance, passive refusal or open aggressiveness in the patient. But if he behaves cautiously and wait-and-see, this can also cause negative reactions. It is therefore particularly important to first establish a stable, trusting therapeutic relationship. It is also important to give the person concerned freedom of choice in all steps of the therapy, so that they do not have the feeling of being steered or manipulated by the therapist in a certain direction.
Psychoanalytic and deep psychology-based therapy
An active, supportive attitude on the part of the therapist is seen as important here, because a more reserved, wait-and-see attitude can cause passivity and aggression in the patient. First of all, a sustainable therapeutic relationship is sought. Then work can be done to give the patient insight into their problematic relationship patterns and to gradually change them.
Cognitive behavioral therapy
It is emphasized here that the patients should always have the feeling of being able to decide for themselves during the various steps in therapy or with specific tasks. Therefore, the attempt is always made to suggest several possible topics and several approaches from which the patients can choose something that suits them. Furthermore, typical cognitive-behavioral therapeutic approaches are used, as they are also used for other personality disorders.
Therapy with psychotropic drugs
Psychotropic drugs are usually not considered useful in the treatment of passive-aggressive personality disorder.
Combined personality disorder
One speaks of a combined personality disorder when those affected have typical symptoms of a personality disorder, but do not meet the criteria for a particular personality disorder. For example, a person may have dramatic traits, severe anxiety, and strange behaviors without being able to diagnose a particular personality disorder.
- Are Vietnamese cleaner than Japanese
- What are S waves and P waves
- MNNIT is a good college
- Which mobile games are trending today
- What percentage of churchgoers believe in God?
- Support Saudi Arabia or Iran
- What is 1. prefer low pass filter
- How's it going in Deloitte?
- What are ETL tools in data warehousing
- What do you get for 20 million
- What is meant by cc 2
- What's your most emotional gospel song
- Was Nietzsche rooted in pessimism or optimism?
- What needs to be changed about Bollywood
- Have pity on MS Dhoni
- How do your best friendships usually start
- Is telepathy science or spirituality
- How many lumens does the sun produce
- Excess begins to sprout
- What are the effects of excessive meditation
- How is the Hitler family seen today?
- What is a river bank
- What are some good scala exercises
- What are some examples of convincing rhetoric