How do I change the PC RAM
Windows Windows 10: swap file - what is it actually?
You may have heard of the paging file in Windows 10 before. This file is a supplement to the physical RAM and the resulting memory. If there is not enough space in the working memory for all running programs, Windows swaps some of the data into the swap file - hence the name. In the following, we will explain what this file is all about and how you can adjust the size.
What is the paging file on Windows 10?
As the name suggests, Windows stores data in this file. The swap file can be used to ensure that more RAM is used by Windows than the built-in RAM bar actually allows. For example, a minimized program does not place any further load on the main memory and the process does not have to be terminated even if there is insufficient memory. Inactive programs do not put as much stress on the main memory as actually active programs - conversely, this means that your open programs can ultimately use more of the main memory. The swap file adapts dynamically. This means that the size of this file can vary depending on the workload.
What can I do with the Windows 10 swap file?
The swap file should not be deleted under any circumstances. Even if there is a high memory of 16 GB RAM or more, it cannot be dispensed with. Because some programs under Windows 10 use the swap file by default. If this is deactivated or even deleted, these apps may no longer work correctly and fatal errors could occur.
How can I check the size of the paging file in Windows 10?
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
Important: You should only make the changes described here, because every change to the settings can, in the worst case, be an incorrect setting and lead to the swap file no longer working properly.
Quick guide: How can I check the size of the paging file in Windows 10?
- Press the buttons [Windows] + [R] and enter "control". Confirm this with [Enter].
- Now select under "display" > "small symbols"and then click on"system".
- Click on "Advanced system settingsYou may have to enter your administrator data. These data usually correspond to your login data for the computer.
- In the new window select the tab "Extended"and click in the"power" on "Settings ...".
- In the next window select the tab "Extended"and click below at"Virtual memory" on "To change...".
- A new window will open again. Uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives".
- Then select a drive below and click "Custom size". Here you can set any size for the swap file. You should, however, adjust the size to the size recommended below. If you are satisfied with the settings, all you have to do is click"Establish"Click. You have now successfully adjusted the size of your swap file to the standard specifications.
- What's your sweetest memory of rain
- Can the homeopathic medicine belladonna cure fever
- What is more important to learn or give
- What is CRM Microsoft Dynamics
- What should I wear with a t-shirt
- Which democratic system is better
- Are Jews afraid of African Americans?
- Are people with BPD afraid of becoming homeless?
- How important are weeds to our health
- How often do piano strings break
- What does the Albanian name Venis mean
- Are Odin and Zeus related
- How do I make vacation fun
- What is a reasonable access for the ease of driveway
- Why is every answer postponed
- Who is better Hazard or Pogba
- Why should we live on the moon?
- How can I learn photography techniques
- Where can I find Chinese correspondence
- Why do we have to explore Manaslu
- Where can I download books on instrument technology
- Which is the best CMS in NET
- Why should countries invest in human capital
- When does Bitcoin fall from 1
- Are VA hospitals publicly funded
- What is the practice of metal sculpture
- Can insulated conductors transfer charge
- Why are most programming languages free
- How many human emotions are there
- Why did animal horns develop different shapes
- Have you ever bought shoes online?
- What is a 4 piece bathroom
- How can I prevent hearing damage
- Who benefited from the French Revolution