How vendors work with online retailers
Multichannel retailers particularly like to cooperate
Online retailers often work together on purchasing, marketing and advertising - especially if they also have brick and mortar stores. A study shows that one in four now even operates a web shop with others.Share this article For dealers, collaborations are an important tool to save financial and time resources and to increase the efficiency of their own work. Especially if they sell through multiple channels: multichannel retailers cooperate up to three times more often with others than pure online sellers. This is shown by a survey that the market research institute Innofact carried out on behalf of the online marketplace Ebay among small and medium-sized online retailers in Germany.
Another factor for the willingness to cooperate is accordingly the dealer's turnover: the higher the turnover, the greater the percentage of cooperating dealers. Mostly, dealers with a turnover of more than 1 million euros work together with other dealers. Dealers with a turnover of 100,000 euros to 1 million euros have the biggest plans for cooperation in the future.
Marketing and purchasing popularAccording to the survey, cooperation in purchasing as well as in marketing and advertising is particularly popular: a third of all retailers are already cooperating in these areas. For a further 20 percent, corresponding projects are being planned together with other dealers.
Around 27 percent of dealers work together with other dealers on transport and logistics. If you only look at the multichannel retailers, who also run a stationary shop in addition to the web shop, the figure is even just under 35 percent. On average, around one in five would like to introduce such a cooperation in the future.
Around a quarter of the dealers share a warehouse with one or more dealers. Another 18 percent can imagine working together in this area. By contrast, sharing office space is less popular: only 13 percent of retailers share offices with other retailers. Less than two out of ten retailers are planning such a solution in the future.
Joint online presence
Around 22 percent of retailers organize joint employee training courses, and the multichannel retailers are even 10 percent more. Another 17 percent want to establish this in the future. If you consider the dealers with a turnover of 100,000 euros to 1 million euros, more than a quarter of the dealers would like to offer joint training courses in the future.
According to the survey, every fifth retailer uses shared resources with other retailers in the areas of IT and infrastructure as well as bureaucracy and administration. Almost the same proportion are planning a future cooperation in the IT and infrastructure sector, and 14 percent of those surveyed for bureaucracy and administration.
To the studyThe representative online survey was carried out among 301 online shop operators in Germany by the market research institute Innofact AG from March 5 to 10, 2015. 60 percent of those surveyed are multichannel providers.
In this edition
Courage to start again
How to get your business going again
With the right influencers for more sales
Secondhand gains market share
- What is the Green New Deal
- How can we prevent uneducated people
- Will the thinning of thinner fat thighs reshape them?
- Have we forgotten the point of compromise?
- How can education affect the community
- C comes in different languages
- Which legal practices could be automated?
- How fast can a Shetland sheepdog run
- Can we see time as God?
- What will you say about Indian traditions
- What percentage reaches 88 years old
- What is the noun form of discovery
- Who named the city as Dubai
- How effective is SMS in China
- What trust means is the key
- Can gamma rays interact with radio waves
- Why are rocket launches becoming more common?
- Which television commercial really made it
- Who drew the first map of America
- Is Kentucky a blue or red state
- Are all socialist countries the same
- What are some fun facts about pets
- Will go on sale Friday the 13th
- Why do we often notice coincidences
- Albino gorillas live in packs
- What could interfere with global wireless communication?
- How do I start an Extempore
- Where can I find questions about AdWords interviews
- Kombucha is safe for children
- Can fungi cause schizophrenia?
- Who is Liu Xiaobo
- What is 5 6
- How do people get their products recommended
- What is salt before it is dissolved