Is polyamide underwear better than cotton underwear?
Washing underwear: the right care for cotton to lace
For weeks this seductive lingerie was smiling at you from the shop window, now you have finally afforded the noble textiles. But after wearing it for the first time, the question arises: will the delicate shine last even after washing? Does the brilliant white remain so innocent and pure? Or has the good piece lost its effect after a few washes? In this guide you will learn how to wash different types of underwear correctly so that underwear made of silk, fine cotton or lace stays beautiful for a long time.
- Before the wash cycle: sort the laundry correctly
- Which underwear can be put in the washing machine?
- How to properly clean lingerie made of sensitive material
- You should keep this in mind when drying your underwear
- This is the best way to wash bras
Before the wash cycle: sort the laundry correctly
Briefs, thongs, boxer shorts, bra, bustier - the different types of laundry must be treated differently when washing. Therefore, first separate the textiles according to the material. Sort cotton underwear such as socks, briefs and shorts, undershirts in one basket, delicate lingerie, for example made of silk, in the other. It is best to separate colored laundry from white textiles on top of that.
Which underwear can be put in the washing machine?
The easiest and most convenient way to wash is in the washing machine - of course. But not all underwear is suitable for the washing machine. The “safest” option is cotton, which is what most socks and panties are made of.
The care label that is sewn into each item of clothing will tell you whether you can really use machine support. In the bar with the various symbols you can see a wash basin on the left. If there is a temperature on it, you can put the textile in the washing machine and wash it at a maximum of this temperature.
It is best to separate white from colored clothing. Use a heavy-duty detergent for white textiles and a color detergent for colored textiles.
You can find more information about washing in the washing machine in the guide
Washing properly - the basics of washing clothes
How to properly clean lingerie made of sensitive material
Delicate lingerie made from silk or synthetic fibers like polyester and elastane include not in the washing machine, but in the sink for hand washing. This also applies to items of clothing with small appliqués such as sequins or rhinestones, which you should otherwise protect in a laundry net.
If you do prefer the washing machine, check the care label for sure. There you will find a picture of a sink next to the symbols on the far left. Is here To see a hand instead of a temperature indication, this means: fingers away from the washing machine.
How to wash underwear properly by hand:
- Fill your hand basin, large bowl or the lower part of your bathtub with lukewarm water.
- The water shouldn't be too hot, 30 degrees is ideal.
- Use mild detergent or wool detergent, alternatively you can also use a gentle hair shampoo.
- If you have sensitive skin, protect your hands with gloves. Wait until the detergent has completely dissolved.
- Then briefly soak the garments, gently moving the material back and forth. However, you should never wring or twist the laundry.
- After two to five minutes, you can take the clothes out.
- If you have pre-sorted several pieces, wash the light pieces first and then the dark ones.
- Pour fresh water into the sink or container and gently but completely rinse the detergent out of the fabric.
- It is also best to separate light-colored and colored laundry here.
- Then gently squeeze out the water.Use a mild detergent for hand washing and make sure that the water is not too hot.
Wash fine underwear properly in the machine
Some washing machines have a special hand wash program. This is then suitable for your delicate laundry, but you should note the following:
- Use mild detergent.
- Do not use chlorine additives, fabric softeners, stain removers or bleach.
- Protect the laundry with a laundry net so that it does not get caught on the edge of the drum.
- If possible, wash textiles separately by color.
- Do not fill the drum of the washing machine more than a fifth full so that the pieces do not rub against each other and are cleaned sufficiently.
Protect the colors of the underwear with vinegar
Does your laundry lose color in the water? That is doubly annoying. Firstly, the garment will fade, and the rest of the laundry could discolour.
With a you can “fix” the color with a simple trick: With vinegar! Add a splash of household vinegar to the washbasin or large bowl of water. Here you put the colored laundry in for a few minutes before the actual wash cycle. Then rinse the clothes thoroughly and soak them in cold water with a little washing powder. The vinegar bath fixes the colors and maintains their strong radiance.
You should keep this in mind when drying your underwear
At most Cotton underwear is allowed in the dryer every now and then. Nevertheless, you should also take a look at the care label beforehand, as a dryer may also be excluded depending on the processing. Pay attention to the circle in a square: If the symbol is crossed out, the textile must not be put in the dryer.
All other materials, especially those made of animal fibers such as silk or wool have no place in the dryer anyway. Because there the elasticity of the fabric can be lost. Textiles made of synthetic materials such as elastane or polyester, on the other hand, can shrink.
While you can safely hang cotton stockings on the clothesline, you should be more careful with silk and Co. It is best if you gently squeeze the water out of the fabric without creasing the garment too much, and the Then let fine underwear dry flat. Especially silk should not be exposed to strong sunlight, which can cause the material to wear out. The fabric can also be damaged by heating. It is therefore best to dry silk laundry in the basement or the attic.
This is the best way to wash bras
With its special support function, a bra requires a special treatment when washing. The best thing to do is wash it at the latest after you have worn it a second time. Otherwise the fibers can wear out and the bra loses its elasticity or the padding becomes deformed.
Ideally you wash a bra by hand, this is especially true for underwire bras. Otherwise the hangers could break or deform in the washing machine, and they could damage other items of laundry. In the worst case, a broken bracket can even get inside the washing machine and cause damage there. If it has to be the washing machine, close the bra's clips beforehand and use a laundry bag, that catches broken stirrups or clips if necessary.
With cup bras, never turn the cups inwards as they can bulge. As with the rest of the laundry, you choose the detergent depending on the material of the bra. In any case, pay attention to the instructions on the care label. To dry, it is best to hang an underwire bra on a clothes hanger and then hang it on a clothesline or a rod.
Cup bras, on the other hand, should ideally not be hung up at all, but rather let them dry while lying down. This will prevent the straps from sagging due to the weight of the water in the cups and the bra from deforming.
Also the Of course, bras should not be exposed to intense direct sunlight when drying, so that the silk fabric does not wear out and the colors do not fade.
Disclaimer OTTO (GmbH & Co KG) assumes no liability for the correctness, topicality, completeness, effectiveness and harmlessness of the information and recommendations made available on updated.de. It is expressly pointed out that the official manufacturer's specifications are to be observed with priority over all other information and recommendations and only these can guarantee a safe and proper use of the respective purchase items.
- How do I save apps to iCloud
- Why do they call blue blue
- Pizza was popular in fascist Italy
- Is Mamaearth's Flawless Cream any good
- How Much Does Google Email Cost
- What emotion do you need more of
- Can I earn 10 intraday in MCX
- What makes people play every day
- Is David Cameron a complacent elitist
- What is the spanish word for billy
- What are the main causes of shoulder rose
- Craftsy What are your favorite craft projects
- How welcome are Americans traveling in Cuba
- How does epoxy glue work
- Have you read any Dan Brown books
- What can a dog's stomach safely digest
- Americans are badly managed tax dollars
- What language are our musical terms in?
- What is Anita Baker's most successful song
- In terms of doors, what deadlocks are
- When did slaves get free time?
- Are different gods associated with different colors
- Why does gravity create an acceleration
- Is it still bad for you to take groceries?