What are some interesting facts about Norway
10 amusing facts about Norway
This year Norway leads the "World Happiness Ranking“In 1st place (last year: 4th place). It is considered to be one of the safest, most modern, most peaceful and richest countries in the world.
How does that fit together with the regular "Helgefylla" - the weekly "Drink until you drop“Despite the horrific prices (a bottle of Jägermeister for 55 euros)? Or is alcohol to blame for a distorted perception?
In any case, it is advisable not to get caught driving a car with the drunk alcohol: Drunk drivingr is punished with 30 days imprisonment, a fine of 10% of the annual income and the disqualification from driving. (Do the math for yourself!)
Let's stick with driving a car: although it is one of the world's largest oil exporters, Norway has one of the highest gasoline prices (currently: petrol 1.71 euros, diesel 1.88 euros).
But Norway has even more to offer: For example with over 80,000 km die second longest coastline of all countries worldwide. Only Canada can top this.
The believe it or not 150,000 islandsn on the Norwegian coast are a European record.
Also the three highest (Vinnuvoss, Kjelfoss and Ramnefjellsfoss) and two with the most water water falls (Sarpsfoss and Laksforsen) can be found in Norway.
In order to avoid long bypasses of the fjords, Norway is planning one floating underwater tunnelguiding traffic beneath the surface of the sea. Because some effects of wind and waves are still unclear, construction should start in 2035 at the earliest.
That is much more romantic than traffic planning Love story of King Harald and Queen Sonja - a commoner who King Harald was not allowed to marry at his father's behest. After nine years of struggle and a threat to remain single forever, the father finally relented. They now have six grandchildren.
And by the way: It was not Columbus who discovered America, but AmericaLeif Eriksson, an Icelander with Norwegian roots, several years earlier: It is now certain that he reached Newfoundland - part of America - around the year 1000. The remains of a Scandinavian settlement, which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, bear witness to this.
»Do you know the funniest German place names?
»Weird facts about our earth
»To the MARCO POLO travel news
by Solveig Michelsen
- What is the Procrastination Bulldozer Method
- Who is Matthew Bates
- How does metacognition affect learning
- Is vanity worth it?
- Why was the Rosie ODonnell Show canceled
- How much caffeine works for you
- Could we get good food at VIT
- Why do windshields crack so easily?
- Is 0 19 greater than 0 09
- Who will benefit from Trump's Wall
- How does playing paintball compare to airsoft
- Which smartphone has the best speakerphone
- Do we need a modern Moses
- Cats can drink cola
- What happened to the Kaiser during World War II
- Works Everwebinar
- How does positivity affect our lives?
- Which companies make good teak patio furniture
- Is it worth it to open a DBS DigiSaving account
- When did the lesbian flag change?
- Why do most Argentines have Italian names
- Is matcha tea a superfood
- How to say text in Vietnamese
- Is Benedict Cumberbatch now Sir Benedict Cumberbatch