59 Mbit / s is a fast internet connection
16, 50, 100 Mbit / s: Which Internet connection do I need?
You should always keep this in mind
The Internet offers are particularly large in urban areas: DSL with 16 Mbit / s, VDSL with 100 or even 250 Mbit / s. Cable power internet or the ultra-fast fiber optics with up to 1 GBit / s - the providers advertise this or something similar. But what data rates do you really need? Is 16 Mbit / s still up to date, who needs 100 Mbit / s and more? And what else should you watch out for? We help you to estimate which data rates you really need.
Before you decide on a broadband connection and its data rate, you should think about how you will use your connection. And also who will use the connection. Especially if you have children or young people in your household, you should take into account that the children are consuming more and more video content from the Internet. This not only happens on the smart TV, but also on the laptop, smartphone or tablet and often in HD. High-resolution videos in HD quality require correspondingly higher data rates. We will come to more specific figures later.
Don't forget to look to the futureYou should also consider for yourself which technical changes might be pending for you. If you are thinking of buying a new TV, it is very likely that it will include Smart TV functionality. You can then access the media libraries of the TV stations, YouTube, but also Netflix, Amazon Video and more with comparatively easy access. This also increases the broadband requirement on your Internet connection. And with devices such as Chromecast from Google, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV, older televisions can also be upgraded to streaming playback stations for less than 50 euros.
In addition, HDTV is far from over. The first TV stations are already producing selected content in 4K resolution, also known as Ultra HD. Streaming providers such as Netflix or Amazon Video also show 4K content. Their availability will increase in the years to come. The industry is already talking about 8K content. And while an HD stream gets by with three to eight megabits per second, depending on the streaming provider and transmission method, Netflix, for example, says that Ultra HD is transmitted at around 16 Mbit / s per stream. A normal DSL line with 16 Mbit / s is hardly sufficient here, especially since the provider does not guarantee full capacity. It always means "up to 16 Mbit / s".
But who needs which broadband connection with which data rates? Using various typical usage profiles, we will show you on the next few pages which broadband connection is right for you. We explain the corresponding connection speed for four different user types.
- What do you think of tax increases
- Have pity on MS Dhoni
- Is the 1980 Ford Bronco reliable
- Why are some children naturally more organized
- What flirts about text
- Which is the fastest autofocus
- Which color car shows the least dirt
- What is rejection deadline
- What is the origin of the rondalla
- Cybersecurity is saturated
- How can I read long novels
- What started foreign policy
- A paper mache gets moldy
- What can we avoid laziness
- What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like
- Germoney is the currency of Germany
- Counts a wardrobe as a closet
- Why can testosterone be converted into estrogen
- An alloy is a heterogeneous mixture
- What is Anita Baker's most successful song
- Sells Walmart Duckman products
- Why do smartphones and laptops generate heat?
- How is privatization a curse
- Can you make money without doing evil