How do people get involved in crazy science
The voice of science is essential
Dialogue with politics and the public
There are also challenges in discourse with the public. "When we offer lectures to an interested public, the younger people are missing," says Schnabel. Today, they are often no longer accessible via traditional media. The scientist is therefore very active on Twitter. "You have to shorten it, but you can't expect all 30 pages to read long essays."
As a researcher, she is currently working on reforming the European currency area. The EU summit in June postponed important decisions. "The pace of reform is too slow, that worries me." For Schnabel it is clear: "We must be able to master the next critical escalation without further signs of disintegration in Europe and animosity between the European countries."
She warns against populist narratives, for example that the European deposit insurance only serves to ask German savers to pay. Here, too, science is challenged. Her credo: “You have to fight false narratives with facts.” Schnabel still has big plans.
This also applies to Hans Joachim Schellnhuber. Although the climate researcher is now preparing to say goodbye to Telegrafenberg - the now 68-year-old wants to hand over the PIK to younger hands in autumn - but he does not want to withdraw from political advice and political discourse. “You mustn't duck back”, as Schellnhuber puts it, and should speak to his colleagues Grunwald, Rojas and Schnabel from the heart.
- Why are monocytes called antigen-presenting cells
- What types of due diligence are there?
- Why are nuts bad for your teeth?
- What started corporate responsibility
- What is the BioLeptin supplement
- LEGO is more popular than ever
- What is content indexing
- Is wave a thing
- How is muslin different from cotton
- Where can I start translating?
- Protestantism is heresy
- How collaboration saves life at home
- What is Atelier Studios
- What's dirty flashes in Android
- Why are therapists lying to you
- Has anyone slept with a porn star here?
- What is cohort effect
- What are some stylish winter weather boots
- Why is employee leave important
- Are Bavarian and Austrian German the same
- Does a psychopath ever feel socially concerned?
- Is spread cheese, real cheese
- Why is the Bible not a living document
- Clemson is a D1 school