What are scientific music websites
Specialized Information Service for Musicology (musiconn)
The Bavarian State Library (BSB) and the Saxon State Library - State and University Library Dresden (SLUB) are starting the second phase “Specialized Information Service Musicology” (FID Musicology), a three-year period funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) with around 1.5 million euros Project. The aim is the professional provision of relevant information for top musicological research in Germany.
Over the next three years, the BSB and the SLUB will jointly expand the already existing offers of the FID Musicology and add new, innovative services. Together, the two libraries will further develop the International Library of Music (RISM), in which, in future, not only music manuscripts but also printed music will be described in detail. The BSB will continue to expand the information portal “Virtual Library of Musicology” (www.vifamusik.de), long-term archiving of musicological-relevant websites and deal with the challenges of Optical Music Recognition (OMR). The extensive inventory for the subject of musicology in conventional and electronic media is also carried out by the BSB in a tried and tested manner. At the SLUB, a database will be created to record performance documents such as concert programs, posters, etc., which will offer new perspectives for the academic discussion of German and international concerts. The new range of services also includes a specialist repository in which musicological specialist literature is made available with open access.
An advisory board made up of 13 people from relevant institutions and associations takes care of the exchange with the specialist community. In order to make the new offers of the FID Musicology known to potential users, in addition to conference lectures and magazine articles, roadshows are also planned in which the project partners in musicological institutes report on the FID offers.
In January 2018 the brand “musiconn - For networked musicology” was introduced for all services that were or are being created within the framework of the FID Musicology at the Bavarian State Library in Munich and the Saxon State Library - State and University Library Dresden.
Complete press release (PDF, 75 KB)
- Who started with metal?
- Which American universities use chalk or whiteboards?
- What are the most interesting German websites
- Money can cause Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- What is the purpose of the commentary essay
- You can name your 5 Bollywood swarms
- Fully supports IPv6 multicast
- What is brown rice syrup
- How can we stop Amazon Go
- Is it worth doing an MBA in Italy
- What is the relationship between SpringSource and Spring
- What scares Pakistan
- Is there something called love
- Will calculate Paytm for NEFT
- Can I study astrobiology through the NEET?
- What are the best coding laptop specs
- What are some top photos
- What is a twitter hashtag
- Video blogging has its own market
- Why my laptop can't play the game smoothly
- How important is the law in business
- How is NMIMS PGDM for business management
- What is a ZB 47
- Happy stool is good for posture
- Choosing an MNC or a startup
- Which zodiac sign would Elaine Benes be?
- What does college mean
- What is age-appropriate narcissism
- Is it unhealthy to eat while standing?
- Is mold common in an attic
- All programmers are meth heads
- Why do people say I am aggressive
- Is it physically impossible to leave the earth?
- Why is Quora full of introverts