What is the importance of thermal analysis
The Thermal analysis is an investigation method for measuring the physical and chemical properties of elements and compounds.
In the dynamic Thermal analysis, the substance to be examined is slowly heated or cooled, i.e. in thermodynamic equilibrium. At the same time, a thermocouple continuously determines the temperature.
- Dynamic thermal analysis methods are thermogravimetry, dynamic differential calorimetry, differential thermal analysis and emission gas thermal analysis.
The static Thermal analysis is used, among other things, in mineralogy. The mineral sample to be examined is brought to a constant temperature for hours or days. During this time, the loss of water or ignition is recorded and recorded.
- In this way, transition points from solid to liquid to gaseous (melting and (boiling point) with temperature changes can be determined (see also: physical state).
Significance for materials science
Of particular interest in metals, alloys and plastics are the transitions from solid to liquid as well as possible temperature changes in the solid state, since transformations of the crystal system also become noticeable through breakpoints. Crystal system conversions can be used to harden metals and alloys.
The measurement results are entered in temperature-time diagrams. The points connected to one another result in the heating and cooling curves.
The cooling curves shown here are, for example, characteristic of amorphous substances (1), a pure element or a eutectic alloy (eutectic point) (2), an alloy with solid solution formation (3) and a near-eutectic alloy (4)
Curves 2, 3 and 4 see also alloy
Practice of thermal analysis of plastics - Ehrenstein / Riedel / Trawiel (ISBN 3-446-22340-1 - Carl Hanser Verlag Munich)
Methods of thermal analysis - W.F. Hemminger / H.K. Cammenga (ISBN 3-540-15049-8 Springer Verlag Berlin)
Categories: Materials Science | Material testing
- Who are Toronto's top executive coaches
- What are some sentence examples with expound
- How can we make anthracene from naphthalene
- How do you sell your public speaking
- What is the universe part of
- What is a donut
- Why are some routers dual band
- How can I become a casino dealer?
- Who composes the music on ancient extraterrestrials
- How is anthrax obtained
- Good for profit colleges
- What do epistemological assumptions mean
- What are the basic units
- What marine animals are invertebrates
- Cavities cause miscarriages
- What are the best Indian historical novels
- Where a bunch of balls causes pain
- How many screens do phones have
- Why why is formal action not good
- Which is currently the best novel launched
- What is black english
- Do you know someone from Iran
- When is the CFA Level 2 exam
- Is vitamin E important to get pregnant