Malonic acid is water-soluble
White, crystalline powder
|molar mass 104.062 g / mol |
AGW not specified
density 1.619 g / cm3
decomposition +135 ° C
Conc. At 20 ° C 1400 g / l
Flash point +172 ° C
|Hazard classes + category |
Acute toxicity oral 4
Serious eye damage 1
|HP rates (see also note) |
P 280.1-3, 305 + 351 + 338
disposal G 3
|Print a label||German designation |
|English designation |
|CAS 141-82-2||Malonic acid|
Malonic acid forms colorless and odorless crystals. Finely divided, these appear white. They are very well soluble in water and readily soluble in ethyl alcohol or diethyl ether. Above 135 ° C, malonic acid decomposes into acetic acid and carbon dioxide. This decomposition takes place even in aqueous solution from 70 ° C.
Malonic acid or propanedioic acid is a dicarboxylic acid, its salts are called malonates. Malonic acid is formed during the oxidation of malic acid. Malonic acid owes its name to this discovery in 1858. The Latin name for the genus of plants is apples malum. Today, malonic acid is produced from the potassium salt of monochloroacetic acid, which is first converted to cyanoacetic acid with potassium cyanide. The malonic acid is then produced by hydrolysis of this intermediate product.
Malonic acid is used in organic syntheses for the production of sorbic acid or barbituric acid, for example. In chemical demonstration experiments it is needed for oscillation reactions, for example in the Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction.
- Are we really our toughest critic?
- How do Flat Earthers think GPS works
- How do rimfire rifles and center fire rifles differ?
- What is the best version of Android
- How does a monkey mate
- Who is the richest white person
- What is brown rice syrup
- What is 25 out of 100
- What is your confession as an Indian teenager
- The gradient descent is of central importance for every optimizer
- What are some future applications of bioinformatics
- Which is better Nirma or IITRAM
- How to develop a private school
- How do I switch to UEFI mode
- What is production technology about?
- Should educators be responsible for discipline
- How to Write Amazing Quora Content
- What is computer fundamental
- What were the conflicts of World War II
- Why does your mouth open after you die?
- Does being an intellectual make you intelligent?
- What are FANBOYS
- Why is my yellow snail swimming
- What was a democracy?