What is a writing job
Remote work - will we work from anywhere in the future?
How is remote work defined?
The essential feature of this work model is that the employee is not tied to the company office. He can work at home, while traveling, on a park bench, or on the beach. Contact with the company takes place online and by telephone. The work tasks must be able to be done completely online. This is not the case with some home work jobs because due to strict internal company and / or legal data protection regulations, some data must be processed offline. Such employees are then connected to their company via a very secure VPN or even transfer the data to an external data carrier, at least with the VPN they are usually tied to their home PC. With complete remoting, you can log into the company server from wherever. In principle, you do not have to be present in the company. There are freelancers who have never seen their clients and almost never spoke to them on the phone. This definition must be observed because a teleworking or home office often means something else. The companies expect these employees to come to meetings from time to time. So if you are looking for a remote job, you have to read job advertisements correctly.
Is remote work already very common?
The model is booming and the trend is rising. In extreme cases, some of these employees no longer leave the house at all for professional reasons; in the USA this is said to affect 2.6% of all employed people. But there are many more remote jobs. The urge for them is fueled by the desire of millennials to work completely independently. But not only this generation Y has this wish. Older employees in particular have recognized the advantages of the work model. In the US, 18.8% of people over 65 work this way full-time or part-time. Some of them do more demanding jobs in management. If it were possible, many more people, especially outside of Generation Y, would probably like to switch to this model. According to recent surveys, 74% of somewhat older employees (from the age of 50) would like this kind of flexibility in their job. The remote work described can be imagined by 34% of them.
Advantages and disadvantages of working remotely
The better time management favors the work-life balance, which is the biggest advantage. All professions that can be carried out on the PC and online are predestined for this work model. Web design, marketing images and videos, programming tasks and text creation are among other things. A disadvantage is the sometimes poor pay for the jobs and the associated tendency towards self-exploitation. Another disadvantage arises from the sometimes poorer efficiency when orders are really only done online and personal arrangements do not seem worthwhile due to the price structure. This disadvantage has caused remote working to decline in some areas. This applies, for example, to the maintenance of software programs. This can be done remotely, but many companies now prefer to bring IT specialists back to their own rooms. They assume from experience that there can only be an efficient transfer of knowledge between external specialists and your own experts on site. Remote work can also slow down processes. Because of certain organizational structures, it means that in the freelance sector, contractors can choose between so many orders that they cannot process the orders quickly and with enough focus for a customer. In the worst case, with such an order situation, even the quality suffers. Another disadvantage is that working in the home office is not for everyone. It takes a lot of discipline. Otherwise, the employee has a great work-life balance in the end, but earns far too little. Still, the benefits seem to outweigh the overall benefits. The following points are consistently mentioned again and again:
- higher productivity
- less stress
- Relief of the commute and work clothes
- health beneficial, among other things, through the possibility of sleeping in
- great family friendliness
- higher employee satisfaction
- Relief for the environment
- Cost savings for companies (no work or parking spaces for employees)
How can remote jobs be found?
The fact remains: if you are looking for such jobs, you have to read the job advertisements correctly. If, for example, it says that the employee can also work at home, then it is not a real remote job. Employment is more like teleworking. The type of activity also plays a major role. For this we refer again to the definition above. The job has to be done from anywhere in the world. In their job advertisements, however, companies tend to use euphemisms (glossing over), which is why they also like to use popular keywords such as home work or remote jobs. Don't let that fool you. Analyze the job profile carefully and you will know where you are.
- Are great sellers born or made
- Does normal sun protection work when swimming?
- What is meant by community relations
- What are the possibilities according to Btech
- How does glucose affect the risk of dementia
- What colors do other colors
- Where is Dropbox hosted
- Engineers use Macs or PCs
- What can I eat while chickenpox?
- Which term includes both VR and AR
- How do I become a versatile actor
- What is the meaning of calling
- The popularity of Paytm is declining
- Are Taylor Swift and Katy Perry together
- Which BISSELL Spot Cleaner is the best
- Are hotels in Tokyo expensive
- What makes a kidney gallstones
- Is Oprah Winfrey a charlatan
- Is Delhi safe for girls from the northeast
- What kind of drug is clindamycin
- Is Mumbai a clean city or not
- How do people find unique questions
- What is the time zone in Australia
- How does music help to achieve spirituality?
- Does Buddhism promote abstinence?
- How did Anand Kumar get so popular
- What is Ed Norton famous for
- Ajivikas were Hindus
- Relationships are about responsibilities
- Are Cadillac French cars
- How deadly was the hummingbird pistol
- How many valence electrons does strontium have?
- Barack Obama is a great communicator
- Have you tried Vernnacia wine