What does a word as slang
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Slang, Plural: Slangs
- IPA: [slɛŋ]
- 1) derogatory: sloppy, sometimes incorrect and crude colloquial language
- 2) Expression of a certain demarcated group of people
- borrowed from English slang in the 19th century
- 1) Rogue language
- 2) Technical jargon
- Standard language
- 2) Sociolect
- 2) Cyberslang, technical jargon, internet slang, stoner slang, gambler slang
- 1) In his English slang did he express his frustration.
- 1) “His voice was sharp and dry, but in between there was a faint trace of Texan slang discover like the miracle of a bubbling spring in the desert. ”.
- 2) “The slang is mostly seen as a kind of special language. "
- 2) As the two engineers in their technical slang have fallen into disrepair, I haven't listened anymore.
- Slang expression, slang word
- Nominative: singular slang; Plural Slangs
- Genitive: singular Slangs; Plural Slangs
- Dative: singular slang; Plural Slangs
- Accusative: singular slang; Plural Slangs
- English: 1) slang; 2) jargon
- French: 1) argot; 2) jargon
- Greek (new): αργκό (argó) (neuter)
- Swedish: slang (Utrum)
- bang, tight, gang, slope, slag
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The event was moderated by wine lover Christof Ellinghaus, who runs the Cordobar in Berlin and the City record label slang operates. Tom Schilling played the music part with rock'n'roll chansons.“
Nikos Weinwelten, November 6th, 2018
„The indie band Calexico from the southwest of the USA and their German record label City slang - that was always a special relationship.“
stern.de, November 29, 2018
„The Berliner slang I heard very seldom. The beach is a huge Völker sandpit. One could immediately call a world championship in throwing tent throwing, beach chair competition or shallow water jellyfish slalom.“
Berliner Zeitung, August 25, 2018
„New York-born Iggy Uriarte aka Lions Head will be the jury of four with fun and nonsense and a little bit of American slang keep alive.“
Brigitte.de, August 24, 2018
„The research assistant at the Phonetic Laboratory of the University of Zurich imitates youth language so precisely that he can easily find the coolest in a group of teenagers slang could compete.“
Watson, November 10, 2019
„For all readers The bosses of the German employment agencies have one of those slang accustomed.“
Leipziger Internet Zeitung, October 31, 2019
„I hear it's a new one now slang Generation Z for those born in the 1960s. And as always, young people think: We have the copyright on this funny term.“
Meedia, May 25, 2020
„Another explanation is the originating from the British slang around 1900, when homosexuals in women's clothes were called drag queens.“
stern.de, November 28, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- (casual) colloquial language
- Argot (technical, French): Linguistics: French term for the special language used by beggars and crooks
- Street language (go., Out of date)
- Jargon (disguising): Way of expressing oneself in certain social, professional or similar social groups within a language; historically East Yiddish; Mineralogy light zircon
- Street jargon
- Vernacular language (lat.)
- casual expression
Another word (synonym) for slang - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "slang":
language: ... jargon, command language, literary language, participation, pseudo-language, consultation, written language, slang, standard language, colloquial language, lingua franca, vernacular ...
Dough:… (Male) plural Swedish: 1) modellera; 2) stålar (coll.), Deg (slang) Spanish: 1) plasta (female); 2) mosca (female) Similar ...
Illbient: Music: Illbient is a music style related to ambient. Origin of the term: suitcase word from the musical genre Ambient and the word ill, a word that means sick in English, but in the variant comes from US slang and is meant positively
strawberry: Plural: Slang expression for marijuana Origin of the term: The noun strawberry developed from the ertber and this emerged from the ertberi
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Slang" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Slang/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "slang" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Slangs (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Slangs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [slɛŋs] Grammatical…
Slang word (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular slang word; Plural slang words genitive: singular ...
Slang words (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Slang word Hyphenation: Slang | words Pronunciation / stress: ...
Slang word (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Slang words Hyphenation: Slang | wor | tes Pronunciation / stress: ...
Slang words (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Slang Words Hyphenation: Slang | words Pronunciation / Emphasis: ...
Slang words (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Slang | words | ter Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Slang words (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Slang | words | tern Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Slapstick (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular slapstick; Plural slapsticks genitive: singular ...
- How do you pay a freelancer
- How many square meters are in Florida
- How avoidable were Fukushima and Chernobyl
- Is aluminum the best insulator for electricity?
- How do I become a Model 3
- What is hope for you 1
- How good is canned crab meat
- Is the memory necessary for the consciousness?
- Starts Gudi Padwa before Shivaji Maharaj
- What are ideas for leadership workshops
- How can we scientifically categorize 3D printing
- How do I grow moss indoors
- How common is military turmoil
- Can an actress be an inspiration
- Why couldn't scientists see subatomic particles?
- A man's nose grows with age
- Should London become a republic
- What is the past easy to read
- What is the history of juggling
- What are the ways to economic strengthening
- Why do some atheists dislike agnostics?
- Are the people in South Korea nice
- What is the rebus principle
- Can the tanning be reduced