Is knee arthroscopy successful in osteoarthritis patients?
What are the treatment methods for osteoarthritis?
Topics on osteoarthritis treatment on this page
- Arthroscopy - joint irrigation
- Correction of misalignments
- Cartilage transplant
- Prostheses and partial prostheses
Osteoarthritis can develop relatively painlessly to a very advanced stage. It is therefore not advisable for patients to wait for improvement or even start self-treatment. The earlier the medical consultation begins, the better the results the osteoarthritis patient can achieve. Many causes of osteoarthritis can be remedied directly: in these cases, passive waiting is dangerous for the health of the joints. The orthopedic surgeon essentially has four treatment approaches in the treatment of osteoarthritis
- Pain relief
- Improvement of joint function and mobility
- Weight control
- Establishing a healthy, active lifestyle
Incorrect strains that promote osteoarthritis and incorrect movement patterns can be compensated for by means of physiotherapyApplied in good time, physiotherapy, muscle training and the use of orthopedic aids (orthotics) can correct the sequence of movements and relieve the joint.
Many osteoarthritis and joint damage begin with a lack of exercise and a corresponding regression of the muscles, which are necessary for good joint guidance. Applied in good time, physiotherapy, muscle training and the use of orthopedic aids (orthotics) can correct the sequence of movements and relieve the joint.
Inflammatory processes in the joint that promote osteoarthritis are stoppedCartilage abrasion and bone fragments in the joint capsule lead to painful inflammatory swellings. Arthroscopy can cleanse the joint and eliminate disturbances.
Cartilage abrasion and bone fragments in the joint capsule lead to painful inflammatory swellings. By ending these inflammatory processes - for example with suitable medication, injections or cleaning the joint capsule through arthroscopy - freedom from pain and mobility can be restored. A distinction must be made between purely pain-relieving treatment, such as paracetamol, from anti-inflammatory treatments.
Elimination of the causes of osteoarthritis
Misalignments of the joints often lead to permanent overload. Axis correction operations on the hip or knee can create normal stress lines on the joints.
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis with medication and physical stimuli
Pain control and freedom from pain are important pillars of osteoarthritis therapy. On the one hand, there are numerous pain reliever anti-inflammatory drugs. Paracetamol and acetysalyic acid (aspirin) are some of the best known. Physical applications that can have a beneficial effect on joints and pain are often more tolerable and free of side effects.
- Warmth and cold stimuli (caution: please do not apply directly to the skin)
- Electrical stimulation of the painful areas through the skin (TENS)
Treatment of osteoarthritis with cartilage replacement therapy can strengthen worn cartilageIn cartilage cell transplantation, the body's own cartilage cells (chondrocytes) are multiplied outside the body in a special nutrient medium and then replanted into the joint
By cultivating the body's own cartilage cells in the laboratory and then transplanting them, damaged cartilage can also be regenerated (chondrocyte transplantation). Prerequisite for the use of the cartilage transplant: the joint must not be damaged too much.
Joint replacement with prostheses helps in the creation of damaged joints
Joints that cannot be restored by medication or surgery, but are painful and immobile, can be replaced with durable prostheses.Modern partial prostheses (here: McMinn prosthesis of the hip) replace damaged joint surfaces.
Prosthetic operations are common and very successful, especially for the large joints - the hip joint and the knee joint. The treatment of the ankle with prostheses has also made great strides. Many patients with severe, painful knee osteoarthritis (osteoarthritis of the knee) or osteoarthritis of the hip (coxarthrosis) postpone such an operation for a long time due to uncertainty. Due to the long immobility you damage your body and other joints additionally. Many patients with knee prosthesis or hip prosthesis experience relief in everyday life: After often long phases of pain, a new chapter in life begins after the decision for a hip prosthesis or knee prosthesis.
- Who is loved more Itachi or Obito
- What is white hot chocolate
- Why do butterflies come from worms
- What if we turn the lamps on
- What is an incremental search algorithm
- What are some bold but old photos
- What are some controversial Android apps
- What do we achieve when we watch porn videos
- Does Buddhism promote abstinence?
- Kylie Jenner is engaged to Travis Scott
- How would homo-heteroscedasticity affect the regression analysis
- What is Exile's most successful song
- What's the best about Kubernetes
- What are some gag gift ideas
- Why are products cheaper in some countries
- Why are underground restaurants closing
- Is sex with my stepson illegal
- Are chalk and pastel the same thing?
- Is the Indian postal service reliable
- World War 3 will begin in 2018
- Infinite inflation is accepted by most cosmologists
- Why do I feel relaxed when I cry?
- Who is the best youtube makeup guru
- What's dirty flashes in Android