What are the educational questions
"All children have the same right to education"
Petra Wagneris a qualified pedagogue, director of the Institute for the Situation Approach (ISTA) and heads the specialist unit Kinderwelten for prejudice-conscious education and upbringing.
What does inclusion mean in day care?
The goal of inclusion is educational equity. All children have the same right to education. However, some of them are disadvantaged in the education system. For example, this can affect children from poor families, children with a migration background or refugee history, children with a disability or a certain family constellation. Inclusive education seeks to break down the barriers that prevent children from accessing education. It relates to the pedagogical work with the children, but also to the cooperation with the parents and in the team.
How is inclusion designed in everyday life? What can the first steps be?
Inclusion means that diversity is respected and exclusion is not accepted. It starts with examining everyday pedagogical work to see how differences and injustices are dealt with. Pedagogical specialists take a closer look at how they react to boys and girls, who is in charge of the morning circle, which children experience exclusion more often than others, whether the portrayals of people in children's books are as diverse as the children's group, etc. For clarification From a personal perspective, it is important that educational professionals expand their knowledge and reflect on their own prejudices. This is best done in a team.
In a team, educational professionals expand their concept of justice: Children are different and have different living conditions. So they need different things in order to be able to learn well. This also applies to language education. It works best when it builds on what children already know and can do - and not stigmatize them as deficient. The support of linguistic educational processes, which starts with the everyday questions and interpretations of the children, encourages all children to express their interests and to participate in common learning processes.
Respect for differences is also shown in the appreciation of multilingualism. The daycare team can ask itself, for example: Are the different languages of the families present in our daycare? How do we react when family languages are devalued? What do we do when words are used that hurt or demean children? The daycare team takes on the responsibility to reliably protect children from exclusion and discrimination.
It is important to win parents over to inclusion. Even if their family culture differs significantly from the culture in day care. The educational specialists enter into a dialogue with the parents about differences and similarities. They respect different notions of upbringing because they admit that parents make sense of it in their context. However, if the wishes of parents are associated with the exclusion or degradation of others, then a clear positioning of the educational specialists is required, who do not allow this in child day care.
Why should a daycare center deal with inclusion?
If children are disadvantaged because of their age, gender, disability, skin color, family constellation, religion, socio-economic status of the family or their language, it is difficult for them to develop a positive self-image and to learn with pleasure. They need support to exercise their equal rights to education. If a daycare center deals with inclusion, it creates a place where the special features of all children are valued and respected. And where they can find protection from discrimination. All children benefit from this! This also applies to children with a refugee background. If they are welcome and their language, culture and experiences are respected, they can develop positively and find their way around their new place of life.
- There are many freelance Java C developers out there
- Is Foursquare still relevant in February 2013
- What is a litigation consultant
- The Joker could talk madness
- How much does hail damage cost
- How do I trade Ethereum
- Should I use the gold domain name?
- Fill out the molecular kitchen
- All the secrets you want to tell here
- What are some amazing company logos
- What are the ways to economic strengthening
- Who financed the sixty-one
- Why do we like football
- What are popular forums for construction workers
- How is life at NIT Meghalaya
- Meatloaf would love me forever
- Milk was rationed during World War II
- How does grapefruit taste
- What are the best gyms in Coimbatore
- How can you break your filter bubble
- What are the best books on movies
- Killed Theon the Sansa's brothers
- Who are Zeuss's enemies in Greek mythology
- What fruits grow in a really surprising way
- Are bluetooth headphones illegal while driving?
- What is Apache Spark good for?
- What is the lowest ammeter reading
- What is it like to be a god?
- What are some MOOCs in French
- What is the BYJU's email ID
- What is the function of the plumule
- What are the benefits of Sitafal
- Landline How does Cisco VOIP work