Why is retargeting important
We've already written about the basics of remarketing. What options are there, what are the advantages of remarketing and what are the ideal uses of this remedy? Today it is less about these explanations, but about why remarketing should not be missing in the online marketing mix in 2017.
Remarketing explained in simple terms
Nevertheless, we have once again summarized the key points on the subject of remarketing so that you do not have to read the article from 2015 again (which you are of course still welcome to do when you are through with this article!)
- Remarketing appeals to users who have already visited their own site and, for example, started a purchase process but did not finish it
- Banner advertising, text ads, YouTube clips - anything is possible with remarketing on Google Ads
- In remarketing, you define a target group using lists (e.g. all users who have accessed a certain product page in the last 30 days) and then target advertising to these users
And what is so important about remarketing now?
Everything! Even if remarketing 2017 is not as much in the spotlight as other marketing tools, it is the secret star in terms of Google Ads. Hardly any other targeting option makes it so easy to address defined groups. In terms of conversion rate and CR optimization, Remarketing is and will remain the best in class in 2017.
So it's a shame that a lot of people don't really bother with it. Most of the explanations on this topic revolve around lists and how to create the perfect filters for every conceivable audience. In fact, a quick research reveals that all topics that revolve around remarketing are quite technical.
Of course, that doesn't mean that the tips are all bad. The right selection of target groups and the creation of the individual lists is and remains a central component of remarketing. But isn't there more?
We demand: better remarketing for everyone!
We, on the other hand, think that content counts - even in remarketing. Otherwise you quickly get into the situation that users are literally “followed” by certain banner ads. For many, this is a real no-go. Understandably! Because the most popular filters that almost every guide recommends are “All Visitors” and “No Conversions”. In other words, anyone who has even put a virtual foot on the site (intentionally or through a link) gets these ads. That can get on your nerves quickly!
It is much more important to consider WHY the user, for example, did not make a conversion or canceled the purchase process. This is where you can apply the lever and, for example, highlight USPs or specifically address customers who are stuck in a certain phase of their customer journey and only need the last incentive to buy.
Reliable customer catcher or annoying gimmick? The conclusion to the remarketing 2017
And what does remarketing bring in 2017? You don't really know yet, but at least it's not at the top of Google's to-do list. This is also due to the fact that the current system works pretty well and also collects valuable data records on users with the tracking data.
We would like to see a change in focus to very filigree remarketing campaigns - because “One Size Does NOT Fit All” definitely applies here. Every campaign needs clearly defined goals (and no, “a higher conversion rate!” Is not a clearly defined goal) and its own strategy. We are happy to help!
- Can I lock my home PC remotely?
- Why is China joining Russia?
- What is the past easy to read
- How can you be two-handed
- How do angels and archangels differ?
- Which is better LIDAR or RADAR
- Is there no point in reading novels 1
- How can you email Michael Keaton
- How is deep learning used in finance
- Who are the most entrepreneurial professional athletes
- Bipolar is a form of intellectual disability
- What are some unknown uses of ladders
- Why does negativity not affect you
- Which version is better in Tableau
- How can I recognize signs of crying
- Like Egypt Morocco
- Psychotherapy Psychotherapist is a protected term
- Which halogen has the lowest electronegativity
- Are YouTube giveaways real
- Is Mary Sue a cliché
- Is the day trading glorified the game of chance?
- How does mitral valve prolapse cause anxiety
- What is your cocktail for parties
- Was Popeye gay