Which hobby is cheaper snowboarding or surfing
Learn to surf: these beginner mistakes should be avoided!
Have no respect for the sea
A healthy dose of respect helps in every situation. We all know that and have learned from an early age. It's nothing different with surfing. In addition to dangers such as sunstrokes or your own board, the sea is of course also a danger if you underestimate it at the wrong time. The dangers of the sea are storms & thunderstorms, currents, reefs and the waves themselves. I deliberately leave out dangers like sharks because I believe that it has nothing to do with whether you've been surfing for a week or a decade. Surf beginners in particular, who want to teach themselves to surf by themselves, very often underestimate the sea, because in most cases the sea looks very beautiful and tempting! However, the sea is and remains a force of nature that should be respected very much. If you stick to the basic rules and don't overestimate your own abilities, you are usually on the safe side!
Storms & thunderstorms
If you know in advance that there is a big storm, it is better not to go surfing. The strong winds of a storm make the water in the sea restless. As a beginner, you can no longer correctly recognize the difference between the area where waves break and where there are no breaks. This can be very dangerous if you can no longer get on land with your board or if you simply have problems recognizing the waves. Usually there are also very big waves with the storm, which makes it practically impossible for lifesavers to rescue you if something should happen. In a thunderstorm, however, lightning is a major hazard and is often underestimated. But as you can imagine, you are the highest point in the sea and therefore more prone to lightning.
Tip: Storms and thunderstorms come and go very quickly at times. So if a black storm front comes your way, you better get out of the water! Always look out for a red flag on the beach. This signals to you that it is too dangerous in the water and that you should definitely not surf.
Surfers tend to underestimate the currents at the beginning. However, currents are very dangerous and should not be underestimated under any circumstances. In a surf camp, for example, there is always a current theory before you are allowed into the water alone. Every spot has certain compensatory movements of the water masses. This compensation can be so strong that you have problems paddling against the current and certainly not swimming against it. For example, the ocean currents are the most common reason for swimming accidents at around 80%. You can find out more about currents here!
Tip: Most of the time you will find yourself back on land where waves break!
Reefs & wave size
Of course, the waves that are produced by reefs usually look very nice. What is underestimated, however, is that the reefs are sometimes only 50cm below the water. If you fall on such a reef, of course, a lot can happen. That is why you have to find out exactly how the spot is set up and which one you want to surf. Nevertheless, there are also reefs that are good surfable for beginners and beach breaks, which can be very dangerous. It always depends. A rule of thumb can be that in the beginning you just don't surf too big waves to be on the safe side.
Tip: Surfing smaller waves at the beginning helps you a lot more than having too big an ego!
- How much is statistics used in finance
- What are the careers as a physicist
- Greedy people are unhappy
- Carbonated beverages immediately become unhealthy
- What Chinese websites have images in the public domain?
- How much is statistics used in finance
- Are Yubikeys worth the money
- What is XING
- Is not the highest achievement
- Who are the best writers from Indonesia
- What is the nutritional value of cannabis
- Is there a startup meeting point in Jerusalem
- Is the crypto currency based on anything real?
- How to Create a Fake Virus
- How good is Redmi 6A
- What's in NCC College Education
- Why does Virtual DJ keep crashing?
- 23 is a good lucky number
- Why does wealth affect water consumption
- Can I drive my car naked?
- What's the best thing about sliced bread
- What are the benefits of CNA training
- Bad girls have the most beautiful faces
- What is special about a Chloe bag
- How much cpec shortens the route
- How does metacognition affect learning
- What are resources for disruptive strategies
- Why is it good to be human?
- Why should there be life after death
- What is x if 6x 5 45
- Is a computer required to become an astrophysicist?
- Why is Coachella called Coachella
- What's going on lose and lose