What are the uses of empirical research
A further training course for doctoral candidates and other young researchers
The Institute for the History and Ethics of Medicine at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, in cooperation with the Academy for Ethics in Medicine (AEM), offers a 1.5-day course to introduce theoretical, methodological and practical research aspects of empirical research in medical ethics. The course is primarily aimed at doctoral students, but also at other scientists who carry out a scientific work in medical ethics using empirical methods and who want to exchange ideas and receive further training. The course is offered in a blended learning format in the form of an "inverted classroom".
11/17/2021, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and 11/18/2021, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Institute for the History and Ethics of Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Magdeburger Str. 8, 06112 Halle (Saale). If required, it can be carried out as an online blended learning event (with asynchronous and synchronous parts).
- Types of empirical research in the field of medical ethics (e.g. empirical ethics, evaluation studies)
- Theoretical and methodological approaches to the connection of normative and empirical analyzes in medical ethics
- Quality requirements for empirical research in medical ethics using the example of surveys with standardized questionnaires and qualitative interviews
- Dealing with practical research challenges when carrying out empirical studies in medical ethics
- preparatory course material (texts, videos, slides)
- Keynote speeches and discussion
- Presentation and discussion of selected practical examples from the group of participants
- Small group work
- Presentation of practical examples in lectures and publications
- Dr. Katja Kühlmeyer, Institute for Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich
- Dr. Marcel Mertz, Institute for the History, Ethics and Philosophy of Medicine, Hannover Medical School
- Prof. Dr. Jan Schildmann, Institute for the History and Ethics of Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
Registration / deadline:
Registration is by 28.06.2021 possible at geschichte.ethik (at) uk-halle.de. In addition to a short letter of motivation and information about the (planned) research project, please send a curriculum vitae in tabular form. The course is free of charge, the number of course places is limited to 12 participants. If there are more registrations than course places, the selection will be made taking into account the (planned) research project and the technical characteristics of the applicants. Some participants have the opportunity to discuss their research projects as part of the course if they are interested.
- Which hobby is cheaper snowboarding or surfing
- How many natural lakes are there in Texas?
- When was the property tax introduced?
- Feminism has become toxic to healthy relationships
- How much do braces hurt?
- Can animals ever feel disgusted?
- How did Verizon make Yahoo better
- Photosynthesis is a wasteful process
- Is Hyderabad a good destination for jobs
- Where do replaced files go in the computer
- Does WeWork influence the Indian coworking industry
- Which is the best OMR software
- What purpose do sociopaths serve
- How does AltspaceVR render three Js in unit
- Why are there business brokers
- How can I practice C ++
- Are there any benefits to microbial biofilms
- Life takes too much trouble
- Why did Sulli die
- Why should children learn music in school?
- How will my Rahu Mahadasha be
- How does 1 TB compare to GB
- Why shouldn't a man bother about it anymore
- Why should meditation worsen psychosis
- Why do catfish get so big
- Which is better LinkedIn or Monster
- Changing the WiFi channel will increase the speed
- Helps writing answers on your resume
- What does smiling party mean
- What is a death doula
- Why am I not black or Spanish?
- What is AMP HTML
- College GPA 2 56 is good
- What is gate