There is friction between everything
Friction and locomotion
Let us first look at the curve above from the perspective of a car that is supposed to brake.
When the brakes are applied, the brake shoes try to bring the tire to a standstill, the friction on the ground tries to keep it turning. The more the brakes are applied, the stronger the frictional force between the tire and the road, which is proportional to the coefficient of friction, and the slip slowly increases, the braking behavior is stable, which means that greater pressure on the brake results in greater braking force. If the frictional force exceeds its maximum (given by the curve above) when the brake shoes are tightened, the frictional force between the tire and the road decreases, whereas the force braking the tire remains, the tire stops (blocked) and slips completely uncontrollably without steering ability and the Braking force decreases; the braking behavior is unstable, which means that greater pressure on the brake results in less braking force.
On the right you can see the coefficient of friction (no distinction between static and dynamic friction) as a function of the so-called slip.
At the Brakes is the Slip the ratio of the speed of the rubber in relation to the road surface to the speed of the vehicle.
- Slip 0: tire sticks;
- Slip 100%: tire blocked;
At the Start up is the Slip the ratio of the speed of the rubber in relation to the road surface to the sum of the vehicle speed and the speed of the rubber in relation to the road surface.
- Slip 0: tire sticks;
- 100% slip: tire spins;
The graph above shows that for maximum power transmission to the road, both when braking and when accelerating, a slip of 5 to 10% would be necessary, depending on the road surface, and even up to 30% on gravel roads. Both ABS (A.ntiblockiersystem) and ASR (A.drivessliprcontrol) try to achieve this optimal slip through appropriate control. For this purpose, the wheel speed is measured on all wheels and compared with each other and possibly with the vehicle speed via a computer.
- What is oil paint over printed canvas
- Masturbates good or bad 17
- How is small cell lung cancer diagnosed
- Vaccine retardation is increasing in India
- How can I appear for PLAB
- It's always clear in Virginia
- What is Buddhism actually trying to say?
- How much physics is there in biomedical engineering
- Can a rhino beat an elephant
- Is this camera worth the price
- What are reveals and fascia
- How does Redis store data
- What is Autism Month
- Why does my brain refuse to sleep?
- An alloy is a heterogeneous mixture
- Why isn't Appreciative Inquiry used more often?
- Why is Pakistan's Quetta attacked
- Will the climate change revitalize the Middle East?
- What is cash on delivery
- What happens to soil that is lost due to erosion?
- How was pi calculated
- Why is Boise State called Boise State
- Which locations will minors hire?
- Is the ego the greatest enemy of love