How to better draw eyes
Instructions: How to draw realistic eyelashes in three easy steps
Only the eyelashes make the eye really expressive. That's why it's so important to master this eye-catching detail if you want to draw realistic eyes or even an entire portrait. In this tutorial you will learn how to draw eyelashes that will make the eye of your subject shine.
To do this, we first look at how exactly you should vary the line thickness before we transfer this knowledge step-by-step to a complete lash line.
The line width is crucial when drawing eyelashes
We should first concentrate on the line width when using a pencil. The quality of the lines is of crucial importance if we want to draw beautiful realistic eyelashes.
Use a sharp pencil or mechanical pencil that is HB or 2B hardness to create fine lines. Put more pressure on the pencil at the beginning and gradually let it bleed towards the end. This creates thicker roots and thinner hair tips.
Also, try to draw slightly curved lines, as the lashes are never completely straight. Familiarize yourself with this exercise in order to gain more self-confidence and to master the variable line thickness of the eyelashes.
Drawing eyelashes: step-by-step
Now let's apply the same principles to some of the eyelashes on the eye.
Step 1: sketch the eye shape
In these instructions we will draw several eyelashes at the same time to illustrate the changes due to perspective.
- The top line becomes a frontal lid.
- The middle sketch shows an open eye from the side.
- The drawing below illustrates the shape of the eyelashes when the eye is closed.
Step 2: Take the shape of the eyelashes into account
You will see the curved lines that are thinner towards the end and thicker in the root area. They grow in different directions and angles from the eyelids.
They are of different lengths depending on where they are on the lash line and are usually shorter towards the corners of the eyes. The individual hairs are longest in the middle of the lash line.
Also, keep in mind that the lashes are irregularly grouped and overlap. Add some irregularity to the line to make the lashes look natural.
Step 3: Fill in the lash line and increase the contrast
As soon as the basic shape of the eye including eyelashes is in place, all you need to do is follow the previously discussed pencil guide. With the 2B pencil you increase the contrasts of the drawing and you can better represent the course of the eyelashes from the broad base to the tip.
- What happened to Ceren Ozdemir
- How big were Irish moose
- Well worth Fender's guitar lessons
- What kind of friends will you prefer
- Is gouache pronounced as goshe or gwash
- Is Deloitte an IT company
- What does UGNX
- Are Odin and Zeus related
- What are some screenshots that scare you
- What is civil engineering for you
- What is the Touhou Project
- What is the ASCll code
- What causes rotten eggs to belch during pregnancy
- What drugs erase memories
- What is the GDP of an ordinary person
- What are some random facts about the story
- Atheists call Christmas something else
- Where do aerospace engineers from IITs work
- What is the need for Microsoft Windows
- Why is PUBG not as popular as Fornite
- What happened to the cast of friends
- How great is the love you have for your partner
- What are the different uses for rapportives
- How is President Trump one more thing