What does real mean
The adjective authentic means "real" or "believable". It is often used to describe something that is assured of authenticity and therefore reliable. Authentic can be objects as well as people.
The term is the adjective for authenticity and comes from the late Latin authenticus "Guaranteed", "reliable" or the Greek authentikós "real".
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[aʊ̯ˈtɛntɪʃ]
Valuable and important documents and works of art are often checked to see whether they authentic are.
I'm a fan of this musician because he's always in his interviews authentic works.
This historical film is authentic, it reflects the events of that time very well.
Grammar and inflection
|authentic||more authentic||most authentic|
|Feminine||authentic||more authentic||more authentic||authentic|
|Masculine||the authentic one||of the authentic||the authentic||the authentic|
|Feminine||the authentic||the authentic||the authentic||the authentic|
|neuter||the authentic||of the authentic||the authentic||the authentic|
|Plural||the authentic||the authentic||the authentic||the authentic|
|Masculine||not an authentic one||not an authentic one||not an authentic one||not an authentic one|
|Feminine||not an authentic one||none authentic||none authentic||not an authentic one|
|neuter||not an authentic one||not an authentic one||not an authentic one||not an authentic one|
|Plural||not authentic||none authentic||not an authentic one||not authentic|
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
Authenticity - The educational noun authenticity means "authenticity". It...
Charme - The noun charm denotes an attraction that depends on the nature of a ...
Facsimile - A facsimile (that) is a detailed replica of a document ...
original - The adjective original means "original", "genuine" or "unadulterated" ....
Typography - The noun typography today usually means the concrete design of ...
- Can viruses kill mankind?
- Everyone has setbacks in life
- What is possible but not yet
- What is a circular reference in C.
- Has anyone ever turned off the internet
- Does WeWork influence the Indian coworking industry
- Writing responses is important for UPSC CSE
- How do you find great photo locations
- Can only be Turkish Alawites
- How many times can Trump be charged
- Can presidential elections be ended
- Which philosophers are like Wittgenstein?
- What are rousing rock music
- Are there women who are psychopaths
- Will Quora ever shut down
- Where can I buy wallpaper online
- What children learn through the 6th geography
- How can you find self-employed
- Where can I learn NumPy Pandas online
- Any name ideas for a health app
- How is living at Stanford University
- Depression causes immaturity
- How do you understand true humility
- What are sleep cycles