Which Chinese emperor was a monk?
Now back to my topic. The Chinese guarded the secret of silk production like the apple of their eye. Because silk was so valuable, of course, everyone wanted to know the secret of silk production, but no one wanted to wage war against China; so an attempt was made to steal the secret of silk production. The Chinese didn't want that, of course. “Hey Kinners, that's not how it works! The secret stays with us, and only we rake in the money. We don't share with anyone. Whoever wants to sneak the secret under the nail will be killed. "
They didn't talk like that, of course, but something like that. You tried anyway. Many attempts failed. But in the 6th century AD, two Byzantine monks made it. They transport silkworm eggs and mulberry tree seeds in hollow pilgrim sticks to what is now Istanbul.
When only the Chinese knew the secret of silk production, the Roman Emperor G. J. Caesar paid for one kilo of silk with one kilo of gold. And the Eastern Roman Emperor Justian I immediately recognized the enormous commercial value and in 553 AD the silk industry became the state monopoly of the Eastern Roman Empire. A few centuries passed again and it was only through the Crusades that silk production spread across Europe.
I hope you got at least a glimpse of the history of silk.
- Has someone died of several mosquito bites?
- What is Petromax Light
- How did jazz lose its popularity?
- Are insects zooplankton
- Which state has the most IPS officers?
- Is social media right for a restaurant?
- How can I kill tapeworms in humans
- What vitamins act as coenzymes
- How long does an earthquake last
- What color is the Marsh sky
- What military base is in Oyo Nigeria
- What is a module
- Where should I see Avengers Endgame
- What was the first treatment for PTSD
- Can my son carry his hunting knife
- Who is the lameest DC superhero
- Will monkeys survive humanity?
- What do employees think of startup CEOs
- What do people think with real jobs
- Is Hinduism really the oldest civilization in the world?
- What is the most romantic conversation
- How is phaneritic granite made?
- How many hours should you wear headphones?
- Why is UNLV surrounded by poverty