Telecommunications companies can track phones
Reporting office number abuse
Manipulation of phone numbers
Telephone numbers can be forged relatively easily (see FAQ on the caller's number). Operators hardly have any way of checking whether the signaled call number is correct or not if the manipulation did not take place in their own network.
From a technical point of view, the call number of the calling telephone connection is not necessary for the successful establishment of a telephone connection (this can be compared with a postcard on which you write the wrong sender or no sender at all and which is still delivered).
It is particularly annoying when your own phone number is used to harass other people:
Those affected receive countless calls from unknown people who complain about harassing calls (e.g. advertising calls) with the number of the affected person. If the harassing calls have not been made, calls are also made to the persons concerned because the harassed persons call back the unknown number on the display. This indicates that the phone number of the person concerned is being misused by strangers (so-called call ID spoofing). Depending on the number of incoming calls to those affected, these cases can be extremely unpleasant and, for example, severely disrupt business operations in companies.
A call with a fake phone number is illegal, which is why a written report can be sent to the telecommunications office, which is responsible for conducting any administrative criminal proceedings.
You can find the contact details for the telecommunications office on our website.
However, we would like to point out that it will be difficult to identify the perpetrators. If the calls with a manipulated number are delivered from abroad, it will in fact not be possible to trace them back. A report is therefore unlikely to have any direct effects on the continuation of the abuse of the telephone number of the person concerned.
The situation in this area is therefore unsatisfactory and there are no "patent remedies" as to how those affected can protect themselves against this misuse of their telephone numbers. In the short term, one can therefore only hope that the use of the affected number for such harassment of other subscribers will stop quickly.
A last resort can be to change the phone number, which of course is always associated with effort and inconvenience.
- Hate tanning in the open air
- When is BLACKPINK's birthday?
- Who is Pakistan's National Islamic Hero
- Which sector in the US is just around the corner
- Uberhuman sociopaths are just evil narcissists
- What is business intelligence for laypeople
- How do I share my ride
- Why are there animals
- What is the scope of your app
- What is the radius of Mercury's orbit
- Why is oil poured around a ship?
- Where exactly does our soul live?
- What does a word as slang
- How many Shinto shrines are there in Japan
- Cat cafe is a good business idea
- What if the Jonestown massacre didn't take place
- When do the OCJP exams take place
- What business opportunities are there in Mumbai
- What is pure hydrocarbon
- What is the time zone in Australia
- Finasteride increases the sex drive
- How to better draw eyes
- Why why is formal action not good
- Where was chili invented
- Why is DNA flame retardant and suppressive
- Are there any good mindfulness videos
- Can a Doberman fight off a wolf
- How many teenagers are there in Sweden?
- How does the synchronization work
- Why do trees grow up
- How do I fix my PS3 controller
- How is barrel racing done
- If God exists, he is dead