How popular EXO really is
The Korean Business Institute has published an up-to-date listing of the most popular boy bands and girl groups in the K-pop genre. The so-called brand reputation rankings are based on analyzes of Korean consumer consumption, media coverage, interactions and the popularity index from the past month. The evaluation of the boy bands in February 2021 is based on the survey period from January 11 to February 11 or from January 12 to February 12 for girl groups.
The first three places in the boy band ranking remain unchanged. The K-pop band BTS is number one for the 33rd time, while NCT is number two for the fifth time in a row. Seventeen still make third place this month. In addition, BTS were already one of the three most important K-pop bands in October last year. This also included Exo, who now occupy fourth place in the TOP 20, and the boy band Big Bang.
In the girl group ranking, number one also remains unchanged. Blackpink, who only released their debut THE ALBUM in October 2020, continue to occupy the top. Followed by (G) I-DLE, who celebrated their comeback with their single "Hwaa" in January 2021 and climbed two places.
In addition to these rankings, the Korean Business Institute also creates rankings for the most popular Korean boy and girl group members, soloists, entertainers and variety shows.
The top 20 most popular K-pop boy bands
- BTS (-)
- NCT (-)
- SEVENTEEN (-)
- EXO (-)
- SHINee (2 ▲)
- TREASURE (7 ▲)
- 2 PM
- BTOB (16 ▲)
- THE BOYZ (4 ▼)
- TOMORROW X TOGETHER (TXT) (1 ▲)
- Super Junior (3 ▼)
- MONSTA X (3 ▼)
- Golden Child (9 ▲)
- GOT7 (8 ▼)
- VICTON (12 ▲)
- ASTRO (2 ▼)
- Stray Kids (5 ▼)
- AB6IX (11 ▲)
- INFINITE (3 ▼)
The top 20 most popular K-pop girl groups
- BLACKPINK (-)
- (G) I-DLE (2 ▲)
- MAMAMOO (4 ▲)
- TWICE (2 ▼)
- IZ * ONE (2 ▼)
- GFRIEND (-)
- Oh My Girl (2 ▼)
- Red Velvet (5 ▲)
- aespa (1 ▼)
- DREAMCATCHER (13 ▲)
- Girls ‘Generation (-)
- ITZY (3 ▼)
- fromis_9 (8 ▲)
- WJSN (3 ▲)
- APRIL (5 ▼)
- Cherry Bullet
- Lovelyz (5 ▼)
- LOONA (3 ▼)
- Apink (5 ▼)
- Ladies ‘Code (2 ▲)
Also this year K-Pop is increasing its popularity. The music streaming service Spotify, for example, only recently expanded into the K-pop home of South Korea. But the genre is not only represented in the music charts. It also increases its relevance in social networks. In this regard, Twitter published a ranking of the most popular K-pop bands this month. According to Twitter, 6.7 billion k-pop tweets were posted in 2020.
- Pavlovs are difficult to execute
- Can radioactive waste cause plants to mutate?
- The human mentality depends on the environment
- How should I teach myself economics
- Will the Zoroastrians die out
- Why did the English invent the sport?
- Is it necessarily a bad thing to be political?
- What is a common emitter amplifier
- Why do credit unions suffer after the demonstration
- What games got you into math
- What would be a replacement for the mainframe system
- Who is the current UPSC chairman?
- What do musicians call their instrumental songs?
- How did SoulCycle start
- What is Solar City's Business Plan 1
- What are some metaphors used to describe language?
- What are the basics of musical composition
- Are saguaro cactus needles dangerous?
- What is a switching valve
- Will future banking become electronic banking
- Is Shopify better than Etsy
- What do shy women go through
- Why are corvids smarter than other birds
- Are there current sales of men's clothing