Who doesn't like Chick fil A.
Homemade Chick-fil-A-Sandwich (Chicken Burger)
Juicy, spicy and crispy fried chicken on a fluffy bun: I'll show you how to get your fast food (much better!) At home!
Today is National Sandwich Day in the USA and on this occasion some German food bloggers are serving you imaginative sandwiches - see list at the bottom. Mine comes from the US, of course. Have you been there before and Do you know the US fast food chain Chick-fil-A - above all, do you understand the name? I've been wondering for a long time what it means. Sure, chick for chicken, but the rest?
What does the name of the US fast food chain Chick-fil-A mean?
Then our former exchange student told me: It's a play on words. If you pronounce it with a southern tone, it becomes chick-fill-ääj. Do you have it? Fillääj = fillet, exactly! Chick-fil-A sells sandwiches with fried or grilled chicken, wraps and salads nationwide in its more than 2,000 branches (just like the Popeyes and Church’s Chicken competitions). In recent years, however, the company has faced headwinds after high-ranking bosses spoke out against same-sex marriages and donations to ultra-conservative Christian groups became known. Chick-fil-A has not officially commented on this topic, but is now also donating to liberal LGBTQ organizations - see report on Wikipedia.
But away from the conservative company philosophy (by the way, all Chick-fil-A’s are closed on Sundays) and back to sandwiches. I think that's great: crispy, well-seasoned, simply delicious. And simple: the “original” Chick-fil-A-Sandwich consists of only two slices of pickled cucumber, the Deluxe (see photo above) also comes with lettuce, tomato and cheese.
After I found instructions at Serious Eats on how to do the real thing at home, I knew what to serve on National Sandwich Day:Homemade Chick-fil-A Sandwich! Their secret is (just like with the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey) the soaking of the meat in brine. That makes it flavorful and juicy. And of course, homemade burger buns or hot dog rolls are always better than the dust-dry buns you bought.
- 300 ml of water
- 20 g of sugar
- 20 g of salt
- 2 gr. Chicken breast fillets
- For the seasoning mix:
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG (flavor enhancer, optional)
- For frying:
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tbsp flour
- 10 g milk powder (or coffee creamer)
- Pinch of baking powder
- Oil or vegetable fat for frying
- To serve:
- 4 hamburger or hot dog rolls
- Cucumber slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices
Mix the water with sugar and salt in a sealable plastic bowl. Cut the breast fillets horizontally to make four flat "schnitzel". Soak them in the brine and refrigerate for one to six hours. The longer the meat stays in the brew, the salty it becomes!
Mix the ingredients for the seasoning mixture and set aside. Remove the meat from the brine, dab and sprinkle with some of the spices. Mix the remaining spices with the flour, powdered milk and baking powder.
Beat the egg with milk in a deep plate. Heat the fat in a high saucepan over medium heat.
Turn the schnitzel in portions (always 2) in egg, then add to the flour, turn in the egg again and bread again - press down the flour crust well. Immediately bake the pieces of meat in the hot oil until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes on each side) - swirl the pan so that the breading puffs up nicely.
Place the drained fried chicken on the buns, cover with an upturned bowl for a minute so that the bun is hot. Garnish and serve immediately.
The flavor enhancer in the breading belongs in the original recipe - I did without it 😉
You can find many more great sandwich recipes here:
Volker von Volkermampft with wild walnut baguette with pear & Gorgonzola & saddle of venison
Cornelia from SilverTravellers with an English cucumber sandwich
Jill from Kleines Kuliversum with Bánh mì Tofu - Vietnamese sandwich with tofu
Susanne von magentratzerl with quesadillas with duck, caramelized onions and mango cream
Carina from Coffee2Stay with a grilled cheese sandwich with apple
Simone von zimtkringel with Maultaschenweckle
Conny from foodforthesoul with French toast with Gorgonzola and figs
zorra of 1x please stir aka cooking pot with the autumn sandwich
Bettina from homemade & baked with avocado egg sandwich
Stephie von kohlenpottgourmet with almond-cranberry bread with camembert and caramelized thyme
Tamara from Cakes, Cookies and more with Breakfast Sandwich
Britta von Britta's cookbook with Schnell Sandwiches aus dem Sandwichmaker
Susi from turbo housewife with tuna tramezzini
Aniko von Paprika meets cardamom with tarte flambée flatbread
Never miss a recipe again:
- What is the best game computer under 900
- What are the advantages of sandy soil
- What makes you sad about reality television
- The midterm elections were fair
- Should I expect something from my friend?
- Do I have to bake polymer clay
- How are the elections for the Gram Panchayat going?
- Which countries criminalize death threats?
- Can I unblock the CBI ATM card?
- Are you in love with someone
- What is connection pooling in Java
- What are illegal transactions
- What are the other benefits of creatine
- Can scientists create black holes?
- How can we make anthracene from naphthalene
- Which carbon has a covalent bond
- Is Alexandria Ocasio Cortez unreasonable
- What is Protestant Donald Trump
- What if Quora followed you
- Can we download books from Wattpad?
- Which ancient spiritual text is most convincing
- How should I try the legal exam?
- What is a split EPC contract
- How is anthrax obtained