What are cooler engines
Engine cooling in the car
Engine cooling in the car: function, components, sources of error and workshop search
Where there is friction, there is heat. This is particularly the case in the engine compartment of the car. So that this heat does not overheat the engine, it has to be removed via the engine cooling system. This works best in a car with a water-powered engine cooler. The days of car engines cooled by an air blower are long gone. In today's cars, the engine is consistently cooled with the more efficient water cooling.
Water cooling is standard today
In most of the cars in use today, water is used as a heat dissipation medium for the cooling system. This system is known as water cooling or liquid cooling. There is one simple reason why engine cooling works almost exclusively with water today: cooling water is able to dissipate the heat from the engine much more effectively and uniformly than air cooling. Whereby "water" would be the wrong name. This is because the coolant for engine cooling is a mixture of water and antifreeze that also protects against corrosion.
The cooling takes time
The most important components of the cooling system are the water cooler, the cooling jacket, the hoses, the water pump and the thermostat. When you start your car's engine in the morning, it's cold. So that it heats up as quickly as possible, the coolant first runs through a small circuit. Once a certain temperature has been reached, a thermostat opens a second, larger circuit. Only now is the full heating power available for the interior. So it makes sense to wait until the pointer for the cooling temperature display has moved before switching on the heating.
Sources of error in the engine cooler
The service life of the water cooler in the car is quite reliable. Nevertheless, there are numerous sources of error. Engine cooling with water is better than air cooling because of the good cooling performance, but there are also more components that bless the time. The manageable disadvantages of water cooling come from the many parts that are associated with it. Because the whole cooling system of the water cooling is quite extensive. Lines can leak and freeze over at low temperatures. This can be counteracted by adding alcohol-based coolants. The new freezing point of the cooling water will be correspondingly lower than without it.
Hot engine due to lack of cooling
If the engine gets too hot, this is indicated by the cooling thermometer or a warning lamp. The often-given advice to turn the heating on fully in this case is of limited help.Better: stop, let the engine run briefly and then switch it off.
There are numerous causes that can lead to overheating:
- Insufficient coolant available
- Water pump leaking or defective
- Hose slipped or porous
- Thermostat does not open
- The cooler itself has a leak
Ventilation to support the cooler
The fan is a special feature of the engine cooling system. It always switches on when the engine gets too hot, for example in extreme stop-and-go traffic. The fan is a type of electrically operated fan. It transports the hot air away from the water cooler. If the fan starts up, this can be clearly heard. This does not have to mean that there is a defect. Do not be surprised if the fan continues to run after the engine has been switched off. That is normal.
- What obscure politician changed the world
- How are trends recognized at an early stage
- Will the Argentine Economy Crash Soon Why
- What are good free beat making software
- Was pioneered by Enya in New Age music
- What did Benjamin Franklin say about humility
- Is the NRA the embodiment of evil
- How do I make a circular scarf
- Why do writers use metaphors
- Why can't water die like us
- Sex reassignment surgery is beauty surgery
- Sleeping ghosts
- Why do dogs prefer cat food
- What if the cancer comes back
- Why are good girls always cheated on
- Why should I care about social justice?
- How big is the octopus
- Which philosophers are like Wittgenstein?
- Can I farm with PCM?
- Where can true romantic love be found
- Do you like Ethan James
- What does the Tyndall effect look like
- Which term includes both VR and AR
- Who is the name of Payyoli Express