Pantogar causes acne
A hairy problem
Alopecia areata, “circular hair loss” with a worldwide prevalence of 0.1 to 0.2%, regardless of age, is an autoimmune disease that affects the hair follicles. The initially round or oval affected areas slowly spread over the head until confluence, in severe cases even the entire body hair can be affected (alopecia universalis). Since the hair follicles are preserved, the disease is reversible; when it first occurs, about half of the patients experience spontaneous remission within a year. However, the disease often recurs. The therapy options available include topical and internal glucocorticoids, topical calcineurin inhibitors and the systemic administration of immunosuppressants, but the effectiveness has not been sufficiently proven for any therapy. The contact allergen diphencyprone (DCP) is used off label and only by experienced doctors. It stimulates hair growth via allergic head eczema. In the case of weak alopecia areata, zinc can also be used due to its immunomodulatory properties, e.g. B. ZinkVerla® 20 mg (equivalent to 20 mg zinc) or unizink® 50 mg (equivalent to 10 mg zinc) per day. In addition to the active ingredients described, there are numerous other non-prescription drugs and food supplements with the indication “hair loss” on the market (see Table 1). What they all have in common is that they were only examined in small studies, most of which do not meet the strict requirements of an evidence-based guideline. Most authors deny that they are effective. The guideline for the therapy of androgenetic alopecia at least lists some ingredients and lists the results of the studies, combined with the requirement for further investigations.
|Bio-H-Tin®||Biotin (vitamin H)|
|Ducray® anacaps||Amino acids (methionine, cystine), vitamins (vitamins B5, B6, E), soy, isoflavones|
|inneov® Hair fullness + men||Vitamin D, taurine, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc|
|innneov® Hair fullness +||Vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc|
|Pantovigar®||Thiamine, calcium pantothenate, dry yeast (inactivated), cystine, keratin|
|Plurazine®||numerous minerals and vitamins, flaxseed extract|
|prioress®||Millet extract, pantothenic acid, cystine|
|Intoxication® Swiss herbal vital capsules||Omega-3 fatty acids, green tea extract, vitamins (including vitamins A, E and C), minerals|
Trace elements such as zinc, copper or selenium are ascribed an important role in hair growth; in the case of a manifest deficiency, substitution can also stop hair loss. The effect of an additional dose with normal blood levels is discussed contradictingly. Combination preparations with vitamins (e.g. niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid), amino acids (especially the cysteine required to build up keratin) or herbal ingredients such as millet extract (with vitamins, minerals and silica) have positive effects on hair growth proven, a selection of preparations is listed in Table 1. A supportive intake, also to improve the hair structure, can be useful in the case of severe suffering of the patient or diffuse hair loss without any recognizable cause. In any case, it should be pointed out that regular intake is necessary and that an effect occurs after two or three months at the earliest.
The guideline on the therapy of androgenetic alopecia does not consider the effectiveness of caffeine for external use to be proven. For regular topical application of melatonin (Trichosense® Solution), on the other hand, it could be shown that the proportion of hair increases in the anagen phase.
- What is traditionally classified in the MTG Arena
- Starts a startup overrated
- Why should I learn to draw?
- What are the warmest women's boots
- How can I download English movies
- Should Apple buy Foursquare
- BitLocker is reliable enough
- Who is currently contributing to American culture?
- Is it normal to envy successful people?
- Can a Muslim keep pigs for sale?
- Our passion is the best motivational tool
- Is the Gauhati University a central university
- How do you grow your hair faster
- What are the best startup review books
- Blocks subutex opiates
- Is SRM IS not worth it at all
- How to Approach Married Women
- What if people were immortal?
- What famous movies have snakes
- What are the properties of negative ions
- Who are the best urologists in Patna
- How many MLA seats in Bihar
- What things make Africa valuable
- Is space travel a joke or not
- How are you doing well in chemistry
- What are the idioms that surprised you
- Exercise makes arthritis worse
- Which president owned the most slaves?
- How often do piano strings break
- Is there a product that uses Aerospike
- What are the relative pronouns in German
- Why are biracials like African Americans
- How publishers make money