Sold Avid Sibelius
Dear Sibelius users and interested parties,
Due to the given occasion, a different content appears here than the information about the program and its acquisition.
Since 2006, Sibelius has been owned by the American company Avid. The company Avid is or was allegedly in considerable difficulties and is apparently trying to compensate for losses elsewhere with the profitable Sibelius division.
The London developer office is currently being wound up and is due to close at the end of October. This suggests that in this way Sibelius is supposed to generate more profit in the short term, but without ensuring a further development appropriate to this fantastic program.
Avid's announcement that development should continue in a cheaper location (e.g. Ukraine) is not necessarily credible, as there is not a single case in software history in which a well-functioning program has been successfully continued by a third party. That has never worked.
We have therefore decided to discontinue the sale of Sibelius (all versions including upgrades) until further notice in order to put pressure on Avid to transfer the Sibelius division into competent hands. There are now at least two offers from the original developers and owners, the brothers Ben and Jonathan Finn. We expressly support this buyback intention. Unfortunately, Avid has so far refused to sell Sibelius.
Our Sibelius training courses and courses will of course continue and will continue to be offered.
If you would like to provide support yourself, you can do this here, among other things:
There is a link to the petition:
Greetings from Joachim Linckelmann in the hope of future prospects for Sibelius
- How can we measure income inequality?
- Who likes to wear make-up to school?
- How can we discourage memorization
- How does piano part work
- What do scientists think about space?
- Which electronics are out of date
- Why does SN2 prefer a strong nucleophile
- How many watts are in 100 microwatts
- Makes adblock plus money
- Who are the rebels in Aleppo
- What's your favorite recipe with jalapenos
- Who doesn’t make radio vacuum tubes anymore
- Do singing bowls affect my mind
- How's the career growth at HGS Bangalore
- Can radioactive waste cause plants to mutate?
- What qualifies as a severe disability
- Do I have an arrest warrant 1
- What is a data integration hub
- What does tilasm mean
- Ayurvedic medicine can cause acne
- Has someone named a star after you?
- Get the newspaper delivered
- Medical schools accept AP credits
- Apple's purchase of Beats paid off