Why can't cast iron be poured
In contrast to the sand casting process, in which the casting molds are destroyed after casting to remove the cast part, permanent metallic molds (molds = French shell), for example made of cast iron or steel, can be used again for the next casting after the casting has been removed. Larger series can also be produced economically in this way.
In addition to simple geometries, such as B. cuboids or bushes, even complicated geometries can be produced in the chill casting through the use of mold slides, inserts and sand cores.
When designing the structure, care must be taken that the shrinkage and shrinkage during solidification are not hindered so that the casting cannot shrink out onto the mold and remain removable. Sharp edges and small radii should be avoided as far as possible in order to avoid the formation of a hardening structure on the sharp edges because of the high cooling rate in the metallic mold.
The high cooling speed creates a very fine structure with a higher number of smaller eutectic cells compared to casting in sand-bound molds. The solidification can be adjusted within wide limits to the requirements of the cast part by appropriate cooling or heating of the mold areas concerned.
In the case of spheroidal graphite cast iron (EN-GJS), the chill casting has better elongation and impact strength values as well as a very high level of tightness due to the finely distributed balls. The basic structure can be ferritic, ferritic-pearlitic and pearlitic. The cast parts are generally subjected to a heat treatment in order to achieve the desired structural condition (picture 3).
- Why does the flywheel have teeth
- What's your cheat story
- Are all earmuffs 100 soundproof
- How do I cook top rib beef
- Who was Louis Mountbatten
- What types of organisms are there
- What is current strength
- How do I check a Facebook account
- School friends really stay friends forever
- How good is Iowa State University VLSI
- What is a modular operating system
- Require vegans to eat shepherd's pie
- Can light be compressed in a sensor
- How useful is global warming
- Which artery brings cholesterol to the liver
- God loves plants and animals too
- What training do people do on Tuesday
- Barack Obama is a great communicator
- I want to activate my Uber account
- What are aircraft ratings
- All films should have LGBTQ marks
- Which beer gives the mildest hangover
- Should I use the gold domain name?
- Centipedes are arachnids