What do you think is life 1
A life with robots
Robots have made people's lives easier in recent years: They take on heavy and dangerous work in factories, operate in hospitals, check and organize information and take care of the sick and People in need of care. Your human colleagues are Robots included in some points even ahead: Because they work without a break and make no mistakes - if they programming Right.
In 2014, industry, hospitals and private individuals bought robots valued at about $ 6 billion. In the case of robots for people in need of care, the reports professional association even a profit of 542 percent. The economy is happy and the people get help. But the use of robots is not only viewed positively. There are some who feel bad about it. “When robots of the future do everything we can, better, safer and more effective can do - what will become of us? ”asks Ethicist Christiane Woopen.
And there are even more questions: Can a care robot force a patient to drink something, for example? Or is a driving computer allowed to drive into another car and other people on purpose put in dangerto meet a kid on the street to evade? The law forbids Life against each otherto outweigh - So how should a robot be programmed and how should it decide?
The politician Kai Gehring says: “I think that Algorithms are not allowed to make decisions about people. ”However, he cannot say exactly where control has to begin and how it should work. That has to be discussed first, he thinks. The sees the politician Joachim Pfeiffer just like that. But he warns against that concerns in the foreground to deliver. He finds that man in many Areas the biggest Risk factor is - and not the robot.
Robot, - (m.) - a machine controlled by a computer program
Use, sentences (m.) - the use of something
People in need of care (m./f.) - someone who cannot take care of himself because he z. B. is sick or disabled
to be ahead of someone in something - can do something better than someone else
Programming, -en (f.) - writing programs for computers (verb: to program something)
Trade association, associations (m.) - an association of companies that have common interests
Percent, -e (n.) - a part of a hundred
effectively - successful; so that something is of great use
Ethicist - someone who deals with moral issues
put someone in danger - be responsible for the fact that a situation can become dangerous for someone
to evade someone - walking or driving around someone
To weigh life against each other - decide that one person's life is more important than the life of another
Algorithm, algorithms (m.) - the steps to solve a problem in a computer program
see something the same way - here: have the same opinion as someone else
Concerns, - (n.) - here: the criticism; the fear of something
put something in the foreground - present something as particularly important
Area, -e (m.) - the area
Risk factor, s (m.) - something / someone who is the reason for a risk
Questions about the text
1. What is Not in the text? Robots are ... used?
a) in care
b) during driving lessons
c) in the manufacture of objects
2. Some people worry that in the future robots will ...
a) getting more and more expensive.
b) will be responsible for more accidents in road traffic.
c) take on many important tasks and people become unimportant.
3. What is in the text?
a) Robots are only allowed to take over tasks if no human can do them.
b) Robots can be programmed to obey the law.
c) Most mistakes are not made by the robots, but by the people.
4. Which word fits Not in the gap? Many people find that robots do not make decisions alone ...
5. Which word fits in the gap? When robots are programmed correctly ... they are much better than humans.
Find out on the Internet which tasks robots take on in the care of people. Think about which other functions would be useful. Write a descriptive text for “your” care robot and explain its functions.
- What causes the rise in autism
- Where did you eat the best lobster
- Celebrate Halloween in Estonia
- Why are terrestrial ecosystems important
- Are you born to be a pessimist?
- Why is gravity a non-contact force
- How far is Cappadocia from Ankara
- How many 8's are in 888
- When was LeBron James in his prime?
- What are some funny novels to read
- Are we all related to animals too?
- How expensive is food in Tokyo
- What's a hat trick in hockey
- What is Windows 2000
- What does the flag of Kuwait mean
- What is the principle of the defoamer
- Why did you start playing the guitar?
- Are dasguptas Brahmins
- Tax cuts cause recessions
- Why does Greece not like the United States
- What is the mainstream metal song
- Why does negativity not affect you
- When will IBM Watson work on mobile devices
- What is the definition of microtubule