Use less water in rice cookers
Rice cooker: how much water do you need?
Basic rule for the saucepan
If you want to cook our usual parboiled long grain rice in a saucepan using the swelling method, you add one and a half times the amount of water to the rice.
It's easy to do by taking a cup. First measure the amount of rice in cups and then multiply the number of cups by 1.5. The result is the number of cups of water to add.
2 cups of rice x 1.5 -> 3 cups of water
It works the same way with the rice cooker. At least if you use the rice variety that is common here.
Other types of rice
Other types of rice often need significantly more water than the long-grain rice that is common here. The following table gives an overview of the most common types of rice and their rice-water ratio.
|Rice variety||Rice: water ratio.|
|Basmati rice||1 : 1,5|
|Jasmine rice||1 : 1,5|
|Sticky rice||1: 1.5 (Caution: soak for at least 2 hours beforehand!)|
|Mochi rice||1: 2.5 (Caution: soak at least 8 hours beforehand!)|
|Paella rice||1: 3 (better use vegetable broth than water)|
|Risotto rice||1: 3 (better use vegetable broth than water)|
|Red rice||1 : 2|
|Black rice||1 : 2,5|
|Wild rice||1 : 2,5|
Depending on the type of rice, the cooking time for the rice is also significantly different. Click on the link to see a corresponding table.
Only sticky rice and mochi rice are really soaked. With sticky rice, the later consistency is determined by the length of time it takes to soak. At least 2 hours of soaking is required before cooking, up to 10 hours is common. Mochi rice, on the other hand, is always soaked for 8 hours.
- Is death a form of birth?
- Will technology eventually replace us?
- What are colors that match corals
- How can I pass a university exam
- How can taking amoxicillin lead to depression
- Where can I download PPSSPP games
- What are your favorite comic book mystery writers?
- Heyyy Tiger zinDa hai review
- What is the nature of liberalism
- Has President Trump strengthened the privilege of the executive branch
- What the Hungarian term means folk ideas
- Can I drink after intravenous sedation?
- What was your proudest moment on Twitter
- Who came up with a modern newspaper
- Think that all competition is fair
- Fortnite gives your computer a virus
- How much does Beyonce earn on Spotify
- What is Giardia Lamblia
- How does someone become an extremist
- Mainframes are still good technology to work with
- How are the advertising prices for magazines calculated
- Can we die from playing too much?
- Who invented the hoodie?
- Evaporates a trend